Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hobby Lobby >

Hobby Lobby

Hobby Lobby

Old 01-27-2011, 09:08 AM

We don't have one in Macon, but I do go to the one in Warner Robins which is about 15 mins away from me.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:48 AM

You will love Hobby Lobby! In the store here, there is a whole section dedicated to quilters--and I sometimes buy fabric that is probably meant for clothing to use in a quilt.

Fortunately, you can't be indicted for breaking the quilting rules!
froggyintexas
Old 01-27-2011, 10:34 AM

I'm not impressed with the HL by me, never seem to see anything I need or want there!
Old 01-27-2011, 11:07 AM

Goodness -- every time I go, I should just give them a hundred dollar bill as I go in because I always spend that and more. Love that store! Ours opens in Dothan on Feb 4th. Can barely wait.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:52 AM

We finally got a Hobby Lobby in Daytona Beach and I just love it. They have everything. Their fabrics are nice but not the huge selections of JoAnn's or LQS. Everyone in our store is very helpful. They used to have 40% off coupons but not now. The fabric has been 30% off their regular price though.
You'll love it!!! They do close on Sunday.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:13 PM

You'll love Hobby Lobby. They have a nice family feel, at least mine does. The people who work there are usually willing to do anything to help you out. Their prices are quite good on just about anything you need.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:33 PM

We are in FL for two months. My sisters-in-law are going to take me to the new Hobby Lobby nearby. I had never heard of it until reading of it on this Board. I can hardly wait. DH and his brother can go out for lunch. It sounds like I'd better not have any special time to be home. Can't wait!
Old 01-27-2011, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by shamrock
Our nearest store is 50 miles away, so I don't get there too often. I did notice their background music is christian, such a break from that tinny sounding radio sound tracks most stores play. Now you say they are closed for Sunday church, I wonder who owns them.
Where is the nearest one to us? I haven't heard of them before .
Old 01-27-2011, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by nannyquilts
I am so excited that Hobby Lobby is coming to my town in florida. A new craft and fabric store. I don't know when it opens,I hope it's worth the wait.
Hobby Lobby has something for everyone, that's for sure ... in ours here, the fabrics are pretty good but books and notions are pretty limited. I do shop there for holiday stuff.
My gripe with HL is that they so badly need to UPDATE their checkouts ... they don't have price scanning, so the poor clerks have to ring up EVERY item. It takes forever when people are buying a lot of stuff, plus they often miss the sale prices. Are HL like that all over the US ?? I've only been to ones here in TX ... just wondering :roll:
Old 01-27-2011, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by TexasGurl
Originally Posted by nannyquilts
I am so excited that Hobby Lobby is coming to my town in florida. A new craft and fabric store. I don't know when it opens,I hope it's worth the wait.
Hobby Lobby has something for everyone, that's for sure ... in ours here, the fabrics are pretty good but books and notions are pretty limited. I do shop there for holiday stuff.
My gripe with HL is that they so badly need to UPDATE their checkouts ... they don't have price scanning, so the poor clerks have to ring up EVERY item. It takes forever
when people are buying a lot of stuff, plus they often miss the sale prices. Are HL like that all over the US ?? I've only been to ones here in TX ... just wondering :roll:
Must be a lag in the Great State of Texas 'cause they're very up to date here. They have great deals on all kinds of fabrics and there really isn't a craft out there that they don't have the supplies for.