Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hooray for Hobby Lobby! >

Hooray for Hobby Lobby!

Hooray for Hobby Lobby!

Old 10-05-2013, 09:36 AM

I love Hobby Lobby. Just remember that they are closed on Sundays. A lot of their fabric is good quality. Another thing to remember is that they put everything on sale really often so never pay full price. Sometimes they will let me pay full price and use a coupon and sometimes they won't. I just come back the next week when it isn't on sale and use my coupons. You can print them online too.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:17 AM

I don't have an iPhone but on my android phone I can pull up their website and show the cashier the coupon code number and she enters that into the register and I get the 40% off! How terrific is that......and it's for 40% off not just on fabric.

Originally Posted by mckwilter View Post
For those who don't know, there is a Hobby Lobby app for iPhone. You just show them the coupon and they take the 40% off the highest priced non-sale item. And you can use it every day. It automatically updates each Monday and is good through Saturday.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:20 AM

Love Hobby Lobby. Not the biggest fabric department, but since I'm not a Joann's fan, I shop mainly at quilt stores, online, or HB. The people at my HL are so nice and knowledgeable.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:45 PM

I love Hob Lob! If you don't want to/can't use your phone for the coupon - the flier located near the registers has the coupon also. I can grab one on my way to the fabric department. The ladies in the fabric department at my preferred Hobby Lobby are also sewers. They almost always ask me what I plan to do with the fabrics I buy and generally may have a tip or suggestion to offer.
My DD just joined the 4H sewing club and needed a yard of duck fabric for her project. We ran there this morning and the worker cutting her fabric was asking her what she was going to do with it. My DD thought it was really cool that the worker wanted to chat about her backpack project.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by NanaCsews2 View Post
Don't forget the quilting magazines can be purchased with those 40% off coupons too!!
I didn't even think about that. Thanks for mentioning it!
Old 10-05-2013, 03:36 PM

The Hobby Lobby near me does not carry much fabric at all. What they do have is nice, just not much of it. Wish the department was bigger. Seems to me the whole layout of the store leaves a lot of wasted space. Maybe all the stores aren't the same.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:52 PM

I ordered the Easy Circle Cut Ruler from HL online today. Cost was $14.00 less than Jo Ann's.
I'm thrilled I'll be able to do the Drunkard's Path for Christmas gifts much easier now. HL is 50+
miles away but after reading prev. posts, I'll have to check out their fabric much closer than I have.
Thanks! Vickie
Old 10-05-2013, 04:40 PM

The HL near me takes competitors coupons....
Old 10-05-2013, 06:03 PM

I have never heard of a Hobby Lobby store are there any in MN? does any one know?
Old 10-05-2013, 08:28 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by MNquiltlady View Post
I have never heard of a Hobby Lobby store are there any in MN? does any one know?
yes, I know for sure there is one in Mankato, mn and there are others in mn too. if you go to hobbylobby.com they have a store locator so you can find the stores near you.