Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hooray for Hobby Lobby! >

Hooray for Hobby Lobby!

Hooray for Hobby Lobby!

Old 10-05-2013, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie View Post
I've done that at Hobby Lobby, also. Can't get by with it at JoAnn's
JoAnn's it seems like they don't want you to use the coupons. Its silly to put something on sale for 10% off so the coupon can't be used. How dumb is that??? I like Hobby Lobby much better for quilting fabrics.
Sharon
Old 10-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Jim

We shop Hobby Lobby every month sometimes several times a month. There are 3 stores within 15 miles of each other in Louisville Ky...one is close in Clarksville Indiana. We shopped at two of them yesterday my wife and I both have the app on our iPhones so we both got 40% off on individual purposes. Today we are taking 4 grandsons to a pumpkin patch and have To pass another HL, so we will be stopping in. BTW, you can use you iPhone coupon once a day at EACH store.

Not all of their fabrics are always 30% off. Usually seasonal is not but you can use a coupon on it. Also all 3 stores here let us use 40% off coupons on fabric at full price. Have a great day. I'm only way to Hobby Lobby to get a few more great deals.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-06-2013 at 12:54 PM. Reason: remove political statement
Old 10-05-2013, 07:59 AM

I got two of the cutest dress forms from HL one has a hot pink dress, and the other has black and white zebra print,they are about 24" high and have them on top of my cubbies, makes my studio a fun place.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:13 AM

I love, love Hobby Lobby. Don't have one here in town; have to drive 45 min. away.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:26 AM

I bought a lot of sewing notions at Hobby Lobby in Stillwater, OK. I was amazed at the price differences from there to here in Ca. I found the Morgan Hoop for less than $20.00.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Yooper32 View Post
I miss Hobby Lobby a whole bunch since I left CO. No HL's here in WV, at least, not that I have heard of. I had to drive 80 miles to get to the one in Grand Jct., but it was worth it and my son and DIL lived there, so it was a great trip. I would spend hours at Hobby Lobby.
There is at least one Hobby Lobby in WV - in Beckley. I have been there many times and I too like their fabric, and am very happy with how they believe, and their music.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:10 AM

I would so love it if we could have a Hobby Lobby shop here. The biggest show in town is the Super-Wal-Mart, and the nearest craft store is Joanne's in one direction (100 miles plus away) and an unknown fabric shop 90 miles in another direction. I got to go to one when I visited some family in Texas, and I just loved everything about it. I hope they never Ever go out of business. I'm rooting for Hobby Lobby all the way.

Vickey Stamps

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-20-2017 at 04:21 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS
Old 10-05-2013, 09:12 AM

Be aware that HL now carries 2 different quality flannels. After reading the recommendation for A.E.Nathan flannel I went to HL to purchase some for backings. There were some nice quality prints that clearly had their label on the fabric bolts and the country Pakistan listed. The solid color bolts had another no name sticker on the bolt with China on it at the same price with the A.E.Nathan label clearly visible under it. After the HL clerks could not explain this I called A.E.Nathan's customer service and spoke to a man who clearly didn't know what he was talking about. He said that the No name bolts were from Pakistan even though it said China on the label. The solid colors were definitely poorer quality but the same price as the flannel labeled A.E.Nathan.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:13 AM

Default Hobby Lobby

I also like to shop there - especially for white muslin.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:28 AM

SewExtreme, you're right on all counts! And Hobby Lobby isn't just for women, as my DH has found out in the last yr or so and now he wants to go as often as I do. He has his list and I have mine; his is arcylic paints and artist brushes, and mine's everything else in the store !!!