Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Horrizon 7700: >

Horrizon 7700:

Horrizon 7700:

Old 10-07-2013, 09:36 PM

Thank you Patrice, for the info. Will go & check mine out right away.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:52 AM

Hi I have a 7700 and I Love mine. Never had any trouble with it and it sews like a dream. I think a machine is only as good as the usurer. if you do the wrong thing sure its going to play up. Just enjoy what you have and make the most of it. I LOVE my Ruby Red.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by carolaug View Post
I love mine and just started using the button to start and stop when I do my binding...no foot pedal....Wow wish I had not waitied two years to try it. Love it!
I have a little Janome but I started the start-stop button when I got the machine and now I unplugged the foot pedal, and only use the pedal when I am doing something where I absolutely have to control every single stitch for accuracy. the Janome has a foot pedal in name only - mine has about 4 speeds so the notion of the pedal being a continual increase in speed is wrong. I just set the speed slider to something that works, (I marked my favorite spots right on the machine) and off I go! Liberating and less hassle tracking down where I kicked the pedal to!
Old 10-08-2013, 09:06 AM

Patrice, I did the exact same thing. It was a devil to get out, but I managed. After it was all the way out, it dawned on me what it was. I put it back in (with less trouble that there was getting it out) and my machine has been fine. I test drove the Horizon 7700 a couple of months ago and loved loved it. I am currently using a Janome 4800 and have no problems with her, but the 7700 was so NICE. I keep dreaming about her, and hope to get one soon.
Sue
Old 10-08-2013, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
when you oil the machine, you don't glob oil all over the parts.
you put a drop or two onto the top of the wick, which distributes the oil to the places it belongs.

if you take out the bobbin case, you can see the wick in the center of the circular base underneath.
i know somebody who mistook the wick (in a previously owned machine) for lint.
she didn't figure out what it really was until she had "cleaned" off a chunk of it.

no.
i won't tell you who.
but you can probably guess. LOL LOL LOL
I did it too--the first time I thoroughly cleaned out my machine's bobbin case. Later I discovered what I did. I never saw a replacement wick for sale, so I put a small piece of felt in that spot.