Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hotel Sewing >

Hotel Sewing

Hotel Sewing

Old 02-17-2012, 10:27 AM

Congratulations and good for you! It is so important for you to have "YOU" time. Enjoy every minute! I, too, have done quilting in a hotel room with a friend. The place we stayed had a kitchen and dining table which worked out fine. Be sure to make a comprehensive list before you go so you can sew and not have to go find a store to buy some forgotten item. There was a thread about 6 mos. ago about what to pack for a quilt retreat. Try to locate that and use their list to save time. Be sure to treat yourselves to a nice dinner!
Old 02-17-2012, 12:08 PM

I once spent two weeks in a hotel because I was away from home for training for my job. I took my sewing machine and sewed away every evening. There was enough room for just me but it might be tight for two of you. I'm sure the hotel will accommodate you. Have fun! And I hope your daughter has a wonderful time.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:01 PM

When you call to make your reservartion, ask about getting a table for your room, Most hotels/motels are very helpful. They will probably have tables available since you are planning to be there on a weekend when they don't have a lot of business meetings, etc. Have a wonderful time and be sure to tell us all about it when you get back.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:02 PM
Power Poster

Well, I don't have any ideas for a place to stay, but I applaud the fact that you and your friend are taking a weekend off just the two of you to sew and talk, etc., etc. Mom's need time away from kids, husband, home, work or whatever to recharge their batteries so to speak. If you go to the well too many times it will be empty and then you won't be able to help. That's why airplanes tell passengers with children to take the oxygen masks first, then put the mask on their child/children. Have a wonderful time. I'm jealous, but maybe I'll have to think about doing it in the near future.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:28 PM

All of you have a wonderful time, enjoy, relax and sew beautiful!
Old 02-17-2012, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by GagaSmith View Post
I once spent two weeks in a hotel because I was away from home for training for my job. I took my sewing machine and sewed away every evening. There was enough room for just me but it might be tight for two of you. I'm sure the hotel will accommodate you. Have fun! And I hope your daughter has a wonderful time.
you will have a great time

note to Gaga: I can still fit into my wedding earings
Old 02-17-2012, 06:44 PM

Sounds like fun!
Old 02-17-2012, 09:55 PM

Once a friend and I stayed at a Hoiday Inn in Floriday & let (older) kids come & go to the pool, while we sat and sewed. We really did get a lot done & the accomodations were very convenient. I agree about calling ahead and asking for tables/ironing boards & irons/ laundry(so you don't have to use much space for non-quilting things)/.etc.
Have a wonderful time & re-charge your batteries!
Old 02-17-2012, 11:45 PM

What a wonderful time the three of you will have ! Your daughter will certainly enjoy her camp with the other children. You
and your friend will have a ball sewing. We all wish we could be there with you enjoying the fellowship and time to sew.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:38 AM

In addition to asking for a table from the hotel be brought into your room, my friend and I bring a card table and bedrisers to set up for our cutting table. Ditto to the comments about bringing portable ott lights and power strips. We only leave the room to go to the local quilt shop and to get food. Have a great time!