Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
House Cleaner? >

House Cleaner?

House Cleaner?

Old 05-11-2013, 03:43 PM

LOL oh my I totally understand. I wish you a perfect 1/4 inch seams. I will not be working this summer , first in 20 years. My plans are to finish my studio. I have 11 weeks to get it done. I have bought shelving to finish the room. I don't plan on talking on the phone, going out to dinner or yard work just organising. Happy days are coming 17 days left of school.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:55 PM

Have an amazing vacation...sorry your housecleaner will not get any referrals from you.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:14 PM

How wonderful to have some time for yourself! I miss my husband when we are apart, but it is good for each of us to have me time. Here's wishing you a great time, sort of a private retreat, and the freedom to follow your own schedule with no thoughts of chores.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:26 PM

My husband just got back today from a week of golf at Hilton Head. Enjoyed my week "alone" but had my son and granddaughter here, so I wasn't totally alone. I agree that you need time alone every once in awhile I matter how much you do love each other. Wanting alone time is not a bad thing!
Old 05-11-2013, 07:48 PM

The first few years that we were married, my husband would go deer hunting or fishing and I would have a pity party....how can you spend time with those guys, when we could be together? After a few more years I realize that I looked forward to his going and my staying home. Yeah....time to myself. He has been deceased for 10 years now and I would give anything to have him here to go hunting and fishing. Enjoy every minute of your time and then enjoy your husband when he gets home. It's always nice to welcome them home.... Hugs.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:57 PM

This was a fun thread to read. Hope you don't take too much of your 'quilting' time to read all of our posts. :-) Ignore the housework..it will be there forever and I doubt any of us have homes that are really bad anyhow. Please post pics of what you are working on when you have time. Also, we are all waiting now to see pics of your 'new' place when you get moved in. We especially want to see 'your' room. Sounds wonderful with all the trees surrounding it and what fun to have magical places for GK's.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:45 AM

It warms my heart to read your thread. Time alone is precious time, only when you know that someone will be back. The reason we get more sewing done when we are alone is because we care very much for our DH,s, so we want to spend time with them. We just recently moved from Idaho to Southern Utah. I have not done as much quilting as I would have liked, but find, until my DH adjusts to this move, I need to spend time with him. His health is not good, in as much as he has no stamina, and tires easily, due to his Cancer treatment. He is in remission now, and he doesn't mind if I sew, in fact, he loves the quilts that I make, and doesn't mind that our whole house has the evidence of a quilter in it. I have a nice sewing room, but it spills out into the living room, that needs a little more furniture, (but in no hurry) and the second sewing machine that fits better in the M bedroom, with the walking foot, for bindings and rag quilts, and a quilt layed out on the front room carpet, waiting to be sewn together. These special men in our lives need our attention. And because we love them we give it to them, so enjoy your time alone and hopefully you will get everything done you planned, lol.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:25 AM

Par4theday, You are a very wise woman and I love your thoughts. I too, think that more than likely, I will outlive my DH so much as he allows me to quilt as much as I want, I still make time to spend with him more than anything else. We are fortunate to have such wonderful husbands as many as not so lucky.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:42 PM

I'm with the rest. Miss him and glad for the time alone.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:16 PM

Like you love hubby but we are together 24\7. like paperprincess hubby wants me to go almost everywhere with him. I dont mind he has a hard time walking and i am visually impaired. Im the legs, hes the eyes! Lol. But its nice to have time to your self