Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Housework >

Housework

Housework

Old 03-13-2011, 03:41 PM

I just get by with as little as possible. I just do the very necessary things. Then when I see the dust bunnies I get on the ball.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:46 PM

You've all made me so happy today. I thought I was the only one who would rather play. Now I know we are all cut from the same cloth.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:56 PM

I have a beautiful quilting room which opens with double doors onto our bedroom...so I am compelled to keep it pretty neat. I used to have a sewing room where a I could close the door - what a mess. I prefer having one where there is a view and I have to keep it neat and organized.

For the rest of the house, I try a little bit each day and then make sure I have company over every three to four weeks to ensure that I do a thorough cleaning job before they arrive. That way the house looks great at least once a month.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:58 PM

I use to be such a perfectionist but that has gone by the wayside. I think when my kids became teenagers I decided I couldn't keep up now I'm just to old. But I try.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:01 PM

The sign on my door reads
"If you are coming to see ME-Come Ahead!"
"If you are coming to see the house, Call Ahead!"
Old 03-13-2011, 04:01 PM

Really good mom......love it!
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
The best thing I ever did was keep my kids clothes to a bare minimum. No over filled closets or drawers. A laundry pile up will depress anyone. My kids had to clean up every mess they made. I never let them think it was okay to expect Mom to clean up after them. As they got older they learned no mess, no cleaning up.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:02 PM

You make me laugh....but it is a great idea!
Originally Posted by Cinderella
I consider myself an conservationist/evironmentalist....I save trees by letting the dust cover the tables enough that I can leave notes and not use paper...thus saving trees...when one table has all the notes it can handle I blow it off and start over!
Old 03-13-2011, 04:18 PM

Where did you find a housekeeper for $40 - I wish!! I have decided that dust is ok. I work 12 hour days so I don't get much done during the week, try to do some housework on Saturdays and quilt on Sundays.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:19 PM

I think it is amazing that we all have to keep our houses a certain way in order for the "housework police" or "cobweb chasers" to give their approval when they visit once in a while. I don't care (any more) what they think. I keep it clean and vermin free but it's definitely rarely "neat as a pin" - that's too anal-retentive for me. Happy sewing everyone!
Old 03-13-2011, 04:32 PM

I live alone with my dog and still cannot mannage to keep upbut I do have a system scrub kitchen and bathroom every week before I got my shark steamer it was ever three weeks because I would be in bed all the next day. I try to cacumn every other day because I got this idea I needed a dog for company and she sheds, however most times I set in my office chair and vacumn the middle of the room, if I didnt do it that way it would be in bed again for a day or two. I do keep my dishes done but have to sit on a stool to do them I try to spend 10 minutes a day on other chores thought about hiring a cleaning lady but there would go my money for fabric and beads and other craft items. Looked for a neighborhood girl to hire for a while but none were interested so my house is not always company clean. Need to start looking for a man friend with benifits that would mean one that will clean the house