Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: how to add embroidery

Blog Entries

how to add embroidery

The Cut Work Portrait quilt sample I made, that I said I didn't know who to give it to, but then found out that a lady at church was expecting a boy (http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t181136.html)........

Well, the little guy has been born, and now I would like to embroider (??) his name, and birth stats on the completed quilt. Problems: I don't hand embroider well & don't have an embroidery machine. Any ideas? The top is a fleece fabric - I think. I thought of colored pencils, fabric paint. But what would work well?

Any ideas?

Blog Entries
    There are some great pigment pens out there that work well. I've used them in my Civil war quilts. You could also check your area to see if there is an embroidery shop that would make a label/applique for you to include that info on it and then put that on the quilt. If you were closer to me I'd embroider it for you. Good luck. It is cute and I love cutwork. I've done it the old fashioned way and now am learning to do using the special "needles" for my machine so that it can do all of the cutting for me.
    Judy

Could you bring it to a shop that embroiders on shirts and see if they could help you out?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
    I love cutwork. I've done it the old fashioned way and now am learning to do using the special "needles" for my machine so that it can do all of the cutting for me.
    Huh? What machine and needles do the cutting for you? I am intrigued!

Banned
    The difficulty is in your statement "the top is a fleese fabric". I believe this will take someone knowledable and with the equipment to do an embroidery on the fleese. Go to a quilt shop that sells machines with embroidery capability and get their advice. Also there should be places in your town that embroidery on caps, tote bags and t shirts that might be able to help.