Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How cute do my two “girls” look together!

I think they are adorable together and it would be criminal to separate them.

I think it's important to keep a "spare" machine. You never know when you might need an extra. We live 50 miles from one repairman and 100 miles from the other so if one needs service I still have (several) extras I can use until I get the serviced one back. It's saved my hide more than once!

I agree about the 160 and being so darned cute. I bought one during Sandy (the storm) while at my son's home who had power....ordered from Amazon and thought it was a great price.....it arrived through the storm in just two days.
    Haven't used it as yet, just sit and look at it.......I am a snow bird and was thinking of leaving it in Florida so I won't have to cart my biggie along with me each year.
    I can't believe this.....it is selling on Amazon now for $400. more than what I paid for it.......she's a beauty......one of these days I will get around to making her hummmmmmm

Tell me, owners of the 160.....is she really as great as she is pretty???????
    Last edited by mjsylvstr; 02-04-2013 at 05:30 AM.

I have 3 machines, so I think it's a no-brainer for you to keep both!
    1951 Singer 301A - "Jean"
    1958 Singer Featherweight - "Verna"
    2009 Janome 4100QDC - Nameless

Definitely you need the sisters together.
    Carol

Neighbors

Quote Originally Posted by ccthomas View Post
    definitely you need the sisters together.
    love your machines thought of getting one for myself lease let me know how u like it.. I am from rhode island to riverside, where in r.i. R u from

Oh no, you absolutely CANNOT seperate the two!!!! They compliment each other too well....says me who has 11 machines!!!! LOL

I think they both look great together. HSN does have wonderful prices on the machines.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Blog Entries
    They belong together! Keep them both...I can't imagine you would regret your decision!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Blog Entries
    How could you possibly separate them? they are twins and meant to be together! very handsome pair!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Ebony and Ivory : always need a back up machine ..
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

This would be like separating the last two in a litter...you just can't do it.

This one's a response to mjsylvstr - I can only vouch for myself, but yes, my 160 is wonderful! Haven't had one problem with it yet, and the ease of use factor is just fantastic. These are actually the first two machines I've ever owned that have a needle threader which works ALL the time!

I'm also surprised at how much the prices have increased for this machine, especially on eBay, where I have seen them actually sold (by checking the completed auctions) for around $1,000. I imagine it's because they were only produced in 2012, for Singer's anniversary, and supposedly there were a limited number of them made. The money factor is tempting (because I paid under $400 for the machine when I bought it), but I'm not going to let her go!

Awesome!!!!!!

You need more than one machine... Keep both!!
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

Consider yourself enabled. I have a high-end embroidery machine, a mid-range & an old Kenmore. The high-end embroidery machine stays in my sewing table; the mid-range goes to classes & the Kenmore is just a keeper because it is always reliable if the mid-range has to go to the hospital - which is where it is now to get her scissor mechanism replaced. I also have my mom's & grandmother's cabinet Kenmores just for nostalgia.

You can call your girls ebony and ivory. they are gorgeous together!

Senior Member Cheshirecatquilter's Avatar
    Have you ever met a man who has only one saw, one hammer, one wrench... Keep them both. Invite someone over for a sewing party and share one.

Power Poster
    I think the "girls" need to stay together so they won't get lonely. LOL. I have Janome 4000, a Kenmore, which has similar embroidery stitches, etc., although they both need to go to the shop for a tune-up. My poor Janome has been quilting and sewing a lot the last 6 months and has an unusual noise that needs to get looked at. The Kenmore was free, however, I wish I had checked it out before we moved 2 years ago = it sews great, then it stops and the thread is all knotted, not sure what the problem is. Then I have a small Brother - also free that I have been using lately and thankfully it works pretty well, even when quilting. I will stick with the 3 machines, especially since I had 6 before we moved, but they went to good homes.

They look so contended sitting there together. Don't break up this duo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pat M.

They really look GREAT together!!!!
    There is no place like home!

keep both of them, you don't want to separate sisters!!

Blog Entries
    Gotta say I'd just keep them both.
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

If you name them, you don't have to give them up.

I'm so glad I have a nice place like this to visit, and get a hefty dose of enabling!! LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast