Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How do I raise this? >

How do I raise this?

How do I raise this?

Old 04-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Banned

i dont think this one can fit bed risers, the sides arent skinny. i havent gotten to the store
Old 04-05-2010, 03:18 AM

I use the ping pong table for cutting and quilting. It's very stable. And was too low till my sweet DH made some simple risers out of wood pieces for each leg. They aren't pretty, but they work! No wobble!!
Old 04-05-2010, 03:25 AM

I know this sounds dumb but why do you want to raise it 10 inches? Unless you are very tall won't that be to high for your to use comfortably or safely?
Old 04-05-2010, 04:15 AM

I have the one from Joann's that looks just like this and my wheels lock. It was also only $59 at a after Thanksgiving sale. I think the reg price was 129. I love it though. Just the right height for cutting and working on.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:31 AM

The risers from Bed Bath & beyond are a very good idea; If that doesn't give you the hieght you need, try the PVC pipe... but you need to make 'feet' for the end you want to raise;
use an 'x' connector, 4) 90* elbows,; 'x' connector in the midle, four lengths of pvc come out from the center to the 90* elbow; just wide enough to support the table assembly, then additional pvc from the elbow to the floor to get the height you want. Or ,just add a 'cheater ' strip between the leg assembly , and the top, screw the 'cheater' to the underside of the top. then screw the leg assembly to the cheater.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
We raised our bed frame. The same type of risers should work for the table too. We got ours at Bed Bath and Beyond. They are available in different heights.
I found some at Walmart for around $7.00
Old 04-05-2010, 05:26 AM

Maybe if you dont need it too much higher, you could find replacement casters that have a locking mechanism on them.
???
Old 04-05-2010, 05:32 AM

great idea
Old 04-05-2010, 06:45 AM

My DF made risers for our cutting tables out of 2x4 scraps. He has now had to make them for 3 different tables! They work great. I call them the table stilts. There is a slot at the top which fits around the foot of the table leg. It would be more work for your table since you have 4 separate legs but the table is very stable and I can take it down to normal height very easily. I use a folding banquet table from Costco.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by oldswimmer
Maybe if you dont need it too much higher, you could find replacement casters that have a locking mechanism on them.
???
I have this same table and it is a little bit wobbly. Two of the casters on the main frame do lock. My table is half on carpet half on wooden floor (I only have one side raised most times due to space constraints). I bought mine from an estate sale and when we got home we found we were missing one wheel. We played hell trying to find a replacement. My DH is a retired contractor so I knew he could fix it. The problem was finding a pair of casters that would work with the rest of the wheels - this was no easy feat!) but if you are not using the wheels you are loosing about 3" in heighth.

If you are going to leave it up all the time, I would think that wooden blocks with a hole drilled large enough for the square legs to fit in would work for the fold out legs. The main frame leg ends in a piece that lays flat; you could strap that to the wood with conduit clamps or the metal "plumbers tape" that looks llike a strip of hole reinforcers. Just some suggestions.

I truly do love my table though. It is so nice not having to put my stuff away every time we need to eat! And I can pull it out and move it around if I need to.