Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How do you display your quilts? >

How do you display your quilts?

How do you display your quilts?

Old 01-07-2013, 09:13 AM

How about this? Not my idea I saw it on Pinterest but thought it was pretty cool
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386442[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails quilt-hanging-ladder.jpg  
Old 01-07-2013, 03:09 PM

Linen presses from the 1800's are a beautiful way to display folded quilts. Not sure where you live in Missouri, but when we lived in the north they used to be in estate auctions. I have quilts hanging on the walls, draped over chairs, one always hangs outside over a bench by the front door. Personally, I think a quilt may be used anywhere I want!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:29 AM

I remember seeing this glass sided trunk in JC Penney catalog for about $100 on sale. I have a friend who purchased one and it is quite nice but a bit small. She could only fit 3-4 quilts carefully folded so that they show well through the glass.
Originally Posted by HillCountryGal View Post
Years ago I saw an advertisment for a trunk with glass top and sides. They were built for holding quilts. Easy display and dust free. Trouble was they were very expensive!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:31 AM

I have a couple of ladders standing against the wall to hang the quilts on the rungs. They were purchased at a quilt show but it would be nice to use an old wooden ladder.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:48 AM

How about a quilt ladder? I have seen several, they are one piece and you lean them against a wall. The quilts are folded and over the steps of the ladder. I have seen them holding from 4-6 quilts. They do not take up much space.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:54 AM

I installed a long heavy duty curtain rod above my french door to a bedroom with one end extended 12" or so beyond the right side. Clipped the curtain rings to my latest quilt. I can push quilt to side of doorway or slide open and admire or show off. Love this and wish I could find how to post pics.

Might do this to all my doorways.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:11 AM

Most anything I do has already been mentioned. I display in the back of the chairs, as I have some with the colors of that room. I also have a big display feature in the dining room where I display wall hangings, and it works out well.
Of course I use the quilt rack in the family room, and that helps. Also I put them at the end of the beds, and when I have more quilts than room, I spread them on the extra beds. When the beds are to be used, I just peel them off until the bed is not used any longer.
Some friends of guild have quilt ladders, which hold a lot of quilts. I don't have room for one, but if I did, I would have a quilt rack. The husband of a friend of mine makes them, and they are beautiful!
Mariah.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:45 AM

I posted earlier about different ways to display quilts. Forgot the most obvious that I have; a quilt box. It is a lifesaver! It holds lots of quilts, and people who come comment on what a beautiful box it is; not only for quilts, but for display items on top, and just as a piece of furniture.
A friend whose husband makes these and the quilt ladders, does beautiful work. I feel fortunate that he had time to make one for me. He has lots of orders all over the U. S. and stays very busy.
Mariah
Old 01-08-2013, 08:08 AM

Someone on this board posted a photo once of a display piece that her husband had built. It was in a corner of a room, there was a piece of wood that went floor to ceiling to there wasn't a 45 degree corner anymore. Then there were 3 or 4 slats that came off that piece of wood that you could display your quilts on. You might want to search the photo section to see if you could find it.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:27 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]386655[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]386656[/ATTACH]Wahoo-I figured out how to post a pic. Hung a rod and now I can enjoy and showing off my newest quilt.
Attached Thumbnails q-1.jpg   q-2.jpg