Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How do you do stippling?

Quote Originally Posted by Borntohandquilt
    Just to mention it - you can also do stippling by hand. The rows of handquilting are done very close to each other and it looks like that:
    You're terrifficcccc---I can't hand quilt that close together--my bet is that you've been doing it awile, right? Great job

Now, that is an idea that I had not heard about. I am just learning and I started with some large stippling on a baby quilt and it turned out very nice. I then meandered one of my old hand embroidered quilts that just really needed something else. I did not do as well on it, but it was good practice and still looked more completed than it did before. I will try the writing practice and tell my friend who is wanting to try it,as well. Thank you for the input.

www.keepsakequilting.com
    Has a pre printed paper with adhesive strips on the back the roll is 9 1/2in x26 feet. You cut it to fit where you are quilting and quilt over the design and then when finished tear the paper away (like stitch N Tear) They have small stipples, Large stipples, Waves, Loops, Roses, Stars and leaves. The also have borders,they are 15.99 a roll Borders are 14.99 - 15.99.

I have mine on the way!!!!CHECK THEM OUT and I believe it's called stippling made easy or quilting made easy.

Power Poster
    It is basically free motion quilting using your regular quilting machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Annz
    I think you can just sew regularly on top of the paper. I hope so!!!:)

[quote=Berta48]
    Quote Originally Posted by Annz
    I think you can just sew regularly on top of the paper. I was going to order them a few minutes ago then bought 2 jelly rolls for 27.53 that included the shipping and didn't.So I will wait on the quilting paper to make sure it is where you can just sew across the patterns without FMQ.Have you used it?

THANK YOU
    Quote Originally Posted by donnajean
    A picture is worth a thousand words.

http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransso...-quilting.html

Type quilt stippling tutorial in Google search & you will find more tutorials or videos

http://daystyledesigns.com/365project2.htm
    I love this site. She takes you through every type of machine quilting possible. I am sure you will find a video of stipling.

Quote Originally Posted by michlowe
    http://daystyledesigns.com/365project2.htm
    I love this site. She takes you through every type of machine quilting possible. I am sure you will find a video of stipling.
    Yes that is Leah Day.She has a LOT of designs she makes a new one every day. 365 days a year.I just have to practice, practice, practice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2