Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: How do you find bulk fabrics

Quote Originally Posted by deema
    Black market fabrics? :lol:
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by charmpacksplus
    Here's the secret to those good deals on Ebay.... those sellers are losing money. And the competition is fierce. Ask me how I know!

Anyone can buy wholesale from a manufacturer if they have a sales tax certificate. You can get that from your state and local government. Annual fees are involved.

But it is hard to find a sales rep that will even talk to you if you tell them you're selling on ebay. Once you do get an account, your first order usually has to be about $1000 depending on the company you're dealing with, then there's a minimum per order after that.
    Having once owned a store, I can tell you that there are all kinds of levels of pricing. For instance an Interior designer without a store might get 30 to 40 percent off retail, depending on the mfg. If they have a store, they will get more like 50, or 50 plus another 10 or 20. It also depends on wheter you are buying from a mfgr or a jobber who typically add 10 to 20 percent on the stated wholesale price, (only they dont pay wholesae, but a lot less because they buy in quantity) Then there are the reps out there who will sell full bolts for 2.00 to 5.00 per yd, these bolts usually have 30 to 50 yards on them, so you had better have a real purpose in mind to use that much of one pattern.
    No mystery really, its out there just most of us don't want to make the investment. I still maintain some wholesale accounts, but they are for the very upper end home decor fabrics, many of which go for over $100 per yard at wholesale.

kso
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera Seemann
    I buy my material, for apparel and quilting, at TheClothLoft.com. Nothing over $5.00. Most of it is $2.75 per yard. Very nice material.
    The googled them and I can't find them. Do you have a better link?

Sorry, it is The Cotton Loft.

oO I'm in trouble now! Great place 2 feed my addiction!
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    Quote Originally Posted by brookemarie19
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera Seemann
    I buy my material, for apparel and quilting, at TheClothLoft.com. Nothing over $5.00. Most of it is $2.75 per yard. Very nice material.
    I just typed this in, but it came up as unknown....
    she might mean this one:

http://www.quiltingcotton.com/

the store name is The Cotton Loft

Blog Entries
    Really, are they batiks? Where is she located? TY

where did you bid?? quick! my hubby is coming in the door..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by raedar63
    I don't know but it gets me in trouble I just got 6 yards in the mail today that I paid 99 cents plus shipping ! I have gotten lots of good deals. Last week I bid .99 on large flat rate boxes of "estate find squares". I won two well I washed them yesterday and they filled a 30 gal trash bag when they came out of the dryer lol. Now to iron them all ugh.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by raedar63
    I don't know but it gets me in trouble I just got 6 yards in the mail today that I paid 99 cents plus shipping ! I have gotten lots of good deals. Last week I bid .99 on large flat rate boxes of "estate find squares". I won two well I washed them yesterday and they filled a 30 gal trash bag when they came out of the dryer lol. Now to iron them all ugh.

Where are you bidding?

Blog Entries
    JoAnn.com has 40% off on bulk fabrics this week.

http://www.joann.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3