Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How do you stay focused? >

How do you stay focused?

How do you stay focused?

Old 12-23-2010, 12:08 PM

Judi, I'm a teacher/librarian. I know the kids (without being told) who are on meds and when they haven't taken the meds. I sometimes wonder how I managed school, but I know the answer is that I was terrified of spankings. Not that they were so bad, I just happen to be one of those people who want to please others. A spanking didn't hurt as much as knowing that my parents were upset with me. (Really, they could have just told me and saved the rest--it wasn't necessary :-) Anyway, I drove everyone around me nuts and still do--wiggling, moving, doing several things at once, talking like I'm insane, just all sorts of things all at once all the time all me.

When others complain, I say, "Oh well, God doesn't make mistakes, so this is what he must have intended." My husband says we'll know for sure when we get there, and HE won't be surprised if there is a glitch in the wiring! I answer, I can NOT change (and I ain't tryin).

I've said the last part so many times it's become my 7 yr olds gd's mantra: I ain't tryin', so there! She's my mini-me! Today she's wearing cut-off jean shorts, long-sleeve hoodie, and cowboy boots (no socks) and riding her little dirt bike. This after changing three outfits because they weren't pretty. When she walks into any room, everything changes to chaos and commotion.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:52 PM

I, too, flit from thing to thing. When I am trying to knit or quilt , I have found the use of my Ipod or radio can keep my mind just busy enough to allow hours to go by while being productive. I am not sure why this works. I grew up as an only child and am easily distracted when reading or doing many other things. Maybe I need just a little more going on when stitching, since it often is more mindless. Hmmmm! I had never thought through this. Thanks for the question. :-)
Old 12-26-2010, 06:02 AM

Thank you, glad to hear that I'm not alone.