Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How to find fabric >

How to find fabric

How to find fabric

Old 09-05-2023, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by lwbuchholz View Post
I have searched that way and I am sure they aren't making that fabric anymore.
On line shops may still have stocks of fabric left long after the manufacturer has stopped making it. The question isn't whether someone is still making it, but whether someone is still selling it. The shops selling it should come up in the search (when you know the name of the fabric).
Old 09-05-2023, 11:02 AM

Tips that have helped me find out-of-print fabrics in the past:
Go to the original manufacturer's website. A lot of them will show past lines complete with SKUs, and I have found the exact print using the SKU number to search with. When you have the SKU, you don't have to depend on whether the picture matches or not.
If you can't find the fabric that way, contact the designer. Most designers get a full set of the fabric line they design. I've been able to purchase fabric directly from the designer's personal collection on 2 different occasions (2 different designers).
Old 09-12-2023, 08:14 AM

Default How to find fabric

I was looking for fabric made in 2015. I found a whole yard of the fabric at a web site called SaraSewsToo. I was easy to order. Hope you find the fabric you need.
Old 09-12-2023, 09:33 AM

Now, that's a common problem. I've tried to fix it by buying a little more fabric than what I need...which means spending more money and having a lot of large scraps. Good thing I love scraps.
Old 09-14-2023, 07:01 AM

Do you have Google Lens? It's an app that searches through imagery. If so, you might try taking a picture of the fabric and see what turns up.