Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How I Got Motivated >

How I Got Motivated

How I Got Motivated

Old 12-28-2013, 07:58 AM
Power Poster

I have been doing alot of small projects lately with dry spells in between. I really feel I would like to get to work and make a quilt!!!!
Old 12-28-2013, 08:23 AM

I have two tops that need to be sandwiched. I have two sets of embroidered squares that need to be pieced into wallhangings. I have an I-spy baby blanket that had the blocks all laid out to piece, and then the cat messed them up and I haven't had the enthusiasm to figure it all out again. I'd love to get any or all of them done!
Old 12-28-2013, 09:03 AM

I haven't 'been in the mood' for a long time now. Yesterday I made myself sew some 3" blocks together for some sashing for a bed runner. I ended up doing more ripping than sewing. I guess I will just 'wait'.

At least, by the sound of it, I am in good company!
Old 12-28-2013, 12:09 PM

I'm thinking of joining a group on a blog that I follow. They number all their UFO's and monthly draw a number and have to complete the project that they have with that number. Maybe that will get me going and finish some of these UFO'S. I have my doubts, but it's worth a try.
Sue
Old 12-28-2013, 12:18 PM

Haven't had a chance to do much quilting sense the end of October. We did some traveling the end of October came home for a couple weeks traveled some more in November came home for Thanksgiving and then Christmas was here and all of the things that goes with it. Just hasn't been time for sewing. Hopefully when our 9 year old grandson goes home on the 1st will be able to do some sewing. Have to finish a queen size "Trip Around the World" before mid January so we can take it to our son in Miami, FL for his birthday February 4th.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:29 PM

I have a quilt just about done and run out of fabric....It sorta slowed me down...I will use a different color for the border. I am bummed...oh well....I have been whipping up some pillow cases for my DGD since I made her a christmas pillow and Christmas is over. I just finished cutting up 5 inch squares of some christmas fabric and kitted it for next year. Thinking Oct. I will give her the quilt in Nov so she can have it for the month of Nov and Dec. I just folded up my Christmas quilts and will be packing them away with the Christmas stuff. The hubby has been Spring cleaning. Spare bedroom is done ; ) I am thinking its time to clean out my sewing room once again. That usually gets me motivated to sew. I love sewing in a clean room...it gets messy pretty fast.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:23 AM

I like to lay our an especially pretty piece of fabric and just pet it and go through my stash and find pieces to coordinate and press them and pretty soon I just have to see how it looks in a block or drawing and I'm off to the races!
Old 12-29-2013, 07:35 AM

Nice to see I'm not alone in my lull. Is anyone here doing the Downton Abbey quilt? I'm going to Florida for 3 months and plan on taking the stuff I need to work on this quilt, hopefully. I'm doing Sybil's colors.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:41 AM
Power Poster

I spent most of last year in a "hiatus". Nothing worked and the sight of my sewing things didn't energize me. No amount of rearranging, playing in fabric, etc. inspired me, just made me anxious. Some of it came back slowly and now I can at least look at things and maybe sew something. I just waited it out.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:51 AM

There is a "finishers group" on Facebook, it is from a fabric store in the southwest. I joined it some time ago but haven't got round to looking at it let alone finishing anything.