Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How I Got Motivated >

How I Got Motivated

How I Got Motivated

Old 12-29-2013, 10:19 AM
Power Poster

I have many unfinished projects from a craft fair in Nov. that I need to finish, however, I spent most of Dec. finishing an applique and pieced quilt for our DGD's full size bed. Fortunately, I finished the top before shoulder surgery, but I did some marathon quilting and manage to finish it on Christmas Eve, just in time to give it to her. The smile on her face and the big hug and kiss I received when she got the quilt, made it all worth while. However, I've been giving my shoulder some down time to heal before starting new projects.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:56 AM
Power Poster

I hope you don't chicken out. That sounds like something that would make your newscaster very happy.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:10 PM

I am preparing to move to a smaller apartment with less room for my quilting, so I am getting creative with storage. I have been in a lull since my finance' passed away from a sudden heart attack the beginning of this month. My wish for everyone is to hold your loved ones close. I will be okay and will get back into the quilting groove, but now is my time to regroup and discover all the wonderful quilts I will be making next year. Happy New Year to the most wonderful friends in the world! All of you.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:31 PM

Hello. Just wanted to say how much I enjoy seeing the things you make. Keep it up my friend.You and Jim have a Happy New year. Your Owl pattern was deliciously uplifting. Helen
Old 12-29-2013, 04:13 PM

I find that it helps to have a project list to encourage me to move forward. I completed lots of fun things before Christmas. I participated in a boutique craft show to benefit my favorite non-profit community organization that does wonderful work in the area. Then I made the boxes, lots of them for small friendship gifts, seven table runners, etc. So, it was easy to let down and be non-productive. But, with the new year coming I'm working on my list and am eager to get started. My list includes new projects and completing some that are UFO status. I feel better without stuff nagging me. I'm anxious to get started!
Old 12-29-2013, 04:31 PM

I received some beautiful batik fat quarters at Christmas (per my request), and I knew just what i wanted to do with them. I started on a square in a square pattern from American Patchwork and Quilting's February 2013 issue. But no matter how careful I was, the corners kept getting cut off. I hate that. So discouraged. That's why I'm knitting a sock right now.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:29 PM
Power Poster

Thanks to all of you. The responses are wonderful. Let's me know that I am not the only one who gets out of the mood from time to time.

RedGarnett222, I am hoping to get a picture or two from him when I send it. If I do, I will try to post it.

Marvel, thank you. I got the pattern for the little owls from KiwiAussieJen in wonderful Aussie land. I had a lot of fun making that top. Must get it pinned soon and finish it up.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:52 PM

I recognize that I have caught this sewing | quilting problem. I have so many bookmarks, pdfs on the desktop, not to mention all the subscription bookmarks on this Quilting Board. My son got on my computer yesterday and was overwhelmed. No wisdom here.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:02 PM

I too need to get motivated. Like you, I think about it a lot but just can't seem to get going. My goal is to get something started on New Years day. Hope I follow through.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:28 PM

I need to keep at least two projects going at the same time to keep quilting. One can be a big project that will take a lot of time and effort, but one of the others has to be something I can finish in a week or less, like a table runner or a wall quilt. I find I must have the satisfaction of actually finishing smaller projects to keep me going on the bigger one. Works for me.