Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How long does I take you? >

How long does I take you?

How long does I take you?

Old 04-12-2013, 04:12 AM

Default How long does it take you? A Finished Quilt! WooHoo!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]407516[/ATTACH]

Here is the finished High School Graduation Quilt!... 7 years in the making!! My sweet Mom came down and helped me work on it. My daughter loves it. Someone posted the best way to spot a mistake was to take a picture. Yep! I guess that's true!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Last edited by SewFarBehind; 04-12-2013 at 04:16 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:18 AM
Power Poster

I just finished a 59 x 59 blue Boxed Squares. I put stars all over it. I WAS going to give it to Jim's brother for Christmas. Missed that deadline... When I sit down and really concentrate I can get a good bit done, but the cats always want to be in my lap and that makes it tough to stitch.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:39 AM

I started out doing everything by hand - the whole process from piecing to quilting to binding. At the time I had plenty of opportunity to just sit and sew in the company of others or while waiting for kids to get through with their activities or sometimes in waiting rooms.

Anyway I discovered the shortcuts and quicker ways of doing it by machine and got hooked on that. Still very much a novice to the quilting itself but getting better.

Now I'm finding it hard to get back to the hand quilting that is unfinished on the ones I had started earlier. So they spend lots of time in the UFO pile!

However I do have plans to do a couple more that I feel "must" be done by hand. A double wedding ring and a grandmothers flower garden. But I'm not letting myself start on those (other than gathering fabric) until I finish the ones I've already started.