Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: how many hours a day

Blog Entries
    Well, yesterday I made 4 sets of curtains. Today i remade two sets of curtain to be 'my style'. Tomorrow, road trip to P-town!

Quote Originally Posted by Hosta
    do you actually sew? I seem to spend most of my time dreaming about making this or making that and don't get much accomplished do you?
    You just described me. I did cut out a dress today. And finished squaring up the rail fence blocks from HappyNana. I'm going to sash them with a pretty blue print I bought yesterday. Washed the 10 fat quarters I bought yesterday. Washed two big pieces of decorator fabric I inherited Sunday. NO SEWING Oh, and rewashed the heavy flannel mattress pad I'm going to line the baby quilt with.

Quote Originally Posted by ywoodruff5
    I seem to spend more time either taking photographs for quilts or designing them (both physically or mentally)....lol. I probably average about 10-20 hours a week. :oops: Opps forgot, need to add an additional 7-10 hours a week on here.... :lol:
    I tried to determine the layout for some very pretty bird prints I just got--------but tried to do it as I was drifting off to sleep. Worked better this morning after I woke up.+

6 to 7 hours a day

I have an "allowance" of 1 hour a day. Many times it seems to wait until the weekend and I quilt for hours at a time. My best friend comes over, we set everything up on the deck and enjoy being outside all day.

Blog Entries
    My quilting time is very sporatic. 6-8 hours a day when I have a deadline to 1 hour per month when get distracted. Trying to make a mid-year resolution to be more consistent with hours for quilting. Might be a issue with resolution since I found QB LOL.

I do sew a little bit each day. 3 days a week I get in at least 4 hours so I feel pretty good about that.

I try to do something quilting related everyday...whether it's cleaning my "studio", doing the QB, or reading a quilting magazine. On the days I sew I only quit long enough to make meals, and that's all.

I am like Vat on the first page of this link. She said..........I was always taught that idle hands are the devils-workshop so I don't like down time.........

And so goes my life too. Retired and never wanting to stop creating something. Quiltwise, I probably spend five hours a day. During the winter and on Sunday football days, I could be at the machine from afternoon until the last kick off. lol

2-4 hrs, but I don't sew everyday. But I do have to be on QB every day!

I was doing 2-3 hrs a day. Now it depends what is going on. To much time on the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_J
    I get 45 minutes every weekday morning and then usually eight hours on the weekends.
    So, is your avatar because you don't get enough time to quilt? :lol:

i usually only get a few hours a week. will be less than that now. i start h&r block classes 2 nights a week on top of my day job (when i get to work). i've got so much stuff to get done before christmas. hope i can make it.

I thought when I retired I would have so much time to do all my crafts and the day is gone and I've been reading on the board and house things so I'm lucky to get a couple of hrs plus I've been having a lot of trouble with my hands and they hurt after a while. The blue goo just isn't cutting it anymore. I have so many plans for things for gifts I have to get going. Good luck finishing everyone. Sue

All day last Sat but nothing since

elm
    Met the women I take a quilt class with and the instructor at the rec center at 9:30 this morning and we drove about 20 miles to a LQS. Spent the morning picking out fabric for our next projects (each of us is doing something different). Then we had a lovely lunch. Got back to the rec center at about 2pm. Day well spent. Tomorrow I'll go to quilt class for two and a half hours. Lucky me.

2-4 hours per day (most days) either late morning or early afternoon. Of course, rainy days and winter days I get more time in sewing room.

Quote Originally Posted by lheartsl
    some days none, some days a hour or so....most times its none... My projects are slow moving..
    but me and them aren't going anyplace... :)
    Me too.

6-8 hrs every day. its a full time business so I dont mind.

On the weekend when i am home, I average 7/8 hours on each weekend day. During the week, it may vary. I try to get at least 6 to 8 hours between Monday & Thursday.

a regular here
    Some days not so much, others go well. This passed weekend myself and 3 friends spent the weekend at LQS sewing. Great fun was had by all. Lots of laughing and lots of fun, oh, and some sewing too. :lol: :lol:

It varies. I try to get at least a little time in each day so I do quilt most days, though not always. Sometimes I can get some time in during the day but my best bet is in the evening, when the kiddos are off to bed. Last night DH worked super late and I was happy as a clam, quilting through two and a half movies! I went to bed at 2 a.m... I sure felt it today, though! :?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4