How many hours a week do you sew?

How many hours a week do you sew?

Old 02-17-2010, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by saf45
housework??? whats that , thats what i have a hubby for.lol
Ditto! Honey whats for supper?
Old 02-17-2010, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by daisyboo9
I try to get to my sewing room every day, sometimes I get alot done, other times I step on my pedal and all I hear is "mom"....deal with that.....sit down step on the pedal....."mom"....its never ending.....
Okay, where'd you hide the cameras? That sounds just like my house! I have to wait until they're(2 girls, 17 and 12) in school to get something done, but then SO many other things come along that need attention... I just try to sit and sew a little when I can fit it in. Ballpark, I might get 5-10 hours a week for sewing. Today was a good sewing day because they went back to school after 2 snow days! WOO HOOO! I was able to recharge my creative battery for 4 quiet hours :)
Old 02-17-2010, 07:47 PM

Since being laid off I probably average 40 hours a week. I have a machine in the living room in front of the TV, and one across the hall, some of it is just motivation. Today, no sewing...
Old 02-17-2010, 08:17 PM

I try to sew everyday, some days all day long.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:17 PM

I try to sew everyday, some days all day long.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Astramorgaine
Originally Posted by daisyboo9
I try to get to my sewing room every day, sometimes I get alot done, other times I step on my pedal and all I hear is "mom"....deal with that.....sit down step on the pedal....."mom"....its never ending.....
Okay, where'd you hide the cameras? That sounds just like my house! I have to wait until they're(2 girls, 17 and 12) in school to get something done, but then SO many other things come along that need attention... I just try to sit and sew a little when I can fit it in. Ballpark, I might get 5-10 hours a week for sewing. Today was a good sewing day because they went back to school after 2 snow days! WOO HOOO! I was able to recharge my creative battery for 4 quiet hours :)
and people look at me funny when I say "wooo hooo....have the house to myself for 2 whole hours!" as soon as they are all out the door I head straight to the sewing room....and I am sooo bad, I don't even answer the phone sometimes!
Old 02-17-2010, 11:59 PM

Not nearly enough!!!!
Old 02-18-2010, 04:55 AM

I thought when I was able to quit working that I'd be able to sew more often - NOT! - two homeschooled boys and a husband... well, 'nough said!! :) I do try to sew each day, but don't always get around to it. I agree - have it all cut out and then when you have a few minutes - sew!! when you have a few hours - sew!! I am in the process of moving all my stuff upstairs so I can leave it out and then sneak away every once in awhile.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:05 AM
Power Poster

i 'try' to sew every day...i work 40-56 hours a week but i go to work at 3 in the afternoon and work 16 hour shifts (till 7am) so when i get home in the morning sometimes i climb right into bed till noon, sometimes (like now) i come home and waste my sleep time on the computer...with my sewing pleading for me to get to it :) either way, if i don't start sewing in the morning i'm at it after lunch till dh gets home, on my days off i live in the sewing room(right after vacuuming, dusting, you know the bare necessities to keep home liveable :)
Old 02-18-2010, 05:33 AM

I keep bugging my DH for me to retire. He's not buying it. I get in maybe 10-12 hours a week.