Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How many kinds of stupid....

Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Momma said there would be days like this, there would be days like this my momma said!! Sorry your day was so frustrating!! Take heart that you are in good company. (((((HUGS)))))
    this is the song running through my head too as I read this. So sorry for your frustration...been there, done that. Maybe a nice cosmopolitan would help? I know it does for me at these times...

Laurie

aw, I hate those kind of days. For me, if it starts out like that I'm doomed for the rest of the day ... might as well go back to bed LOL.

LOL! Sorry but I just had to laugh! I've had those days too and after three incidents I usually go back to bed and rest for a couple of more hours. Guess we have all done something along these lines. LOL ummm.....sorry you got hit so hard.

Blog Entries
    Ummm...had many days like that!! The other night I was trying to put a quilt on the frame, and I put the backing on wrong TWICE!!! All that pinning and unpinning!!! Whew!!!

I almost gave up and went to bed. Glad I didn't. I needed to have it finished that night. Luckily all went well after I got it on right, and I finished before midnight.

Made me laugh so much and you write really well.

Blog Entries
    I'm so sorry to hear of all your mishaps, but I just have to say that your post was so-o-o-o funny!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I know it isn't nice to laugh at your trials and tribulations, but I could really relate to everything you were saying! There are just some days when we should stay in bed!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ahh well, somedays you step in it & somedays, you don't! Don't feel discouraged, we all have these days. This too shall pass! ....

Thanks for all the support from all the folks here. I plan on sitting down to sew again today, but not going to set my hopes to high.
    But sometimes it is just one of those days....
    Sometimes your the windshield, sometimes your the bug.

Blog Entries
    HST is half square triangles. Sounds like that was a crappy day. Maybe she should have had a drink or two eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl
    Sorry for this question, what is HST
    Half Square Triangle

Half square triangle

Through my considerable years, I have mostly learned that after about two incidents of flawing whatever I am touching, it is best to sit in my chair and watch something stupid on the tv, cause ain't no way I am going to accomplish anything good for this particular day.

Blog Entries
    Don't know your age, but welcome to the world of us older folks :roll: :)

Quote Originally Posted by OHSue
    You know sometimes I amaze myself with how many kinds of stupid I can be.....
    I was working on simple BOM from my LQS, super simple with HST and some flying geese units. First I mess up my up on orientation of HST twice, then I sew on a flying geese unit backwards. At one point I had to wind a bobbin and I cut the top thread, wound the bobbin, put it in and proceeded to sew until the 6 inches of thread on the top ran out.
    I was cutting a Lil Twister wreath project, had it all laid out on my cutting table. Went to move some fabric and created enough of a breeze to blow off some of the blocks and now I can't figure out how to get it back the right way.
    I tried cutting some strips for a very simple swap block I was working on, and for some reason turned my ruler around and cut them 3" instead of 3.5".
    I decided it was time to stop with the quilty projects and sit back with my knitting. So I am knitting on a sock that I have been working on for a while and totally forgot to do one part of the pattern and didn't figure it out until I was four rows past that point.
    Sat down here to read the list for a while and look at pretty pictures, and promptly spilled my tea all over the computer desk.
    I was thinking of reading but I will probably get a lethal paper cut.....

Your Avatar explains your day....have you EVER seen Sponge Bob NOT get in trouble? His luck must be transferring to you! Thanks for a good laugh. Hope today is better.

Blog Entries
    Been there done that.....Some day bed is the only safe place....if you don't fall out of it...
    Today will be better

Quote Originally Posted by leahbug
    If it isn't bedtime it is nap time and that is what I do when my day is going like yours. Tomorrow is a new day good luck.
    Nap time yeah. So sorry that your day went bad. However, thank you for your post. You gave me a laugh in thinking of days that I have had like yours. My suggestion when having days like this: find something to laugh about, sleep and if that doesn't help, a good stiff drink. LOL

You poor thing. Tomorrow will be a new beginning. Where is your lucky rabbit's ,foot?

Welcome to my world!!! Stuff like that happens to me all the time!!

Been there too...LOL and on those days I can't wait to go to bed so I can start all over again.

when my day starts out like that I just give up and watch tv so I don't hurt myself

Not to worry you are not alone. Many of us, especially myself have had day (or several days) when nothing goes the way we plan or want it to. At this point it would be my suggestion to sit back in an easy chair, read a good book, and drink some hot tea and eat chocolate. Jeanniebelle

I hear and feel for you Sue.....you aren't alone. And at least you did all this in the wonderful privacy of your own home. I will never live down, nor forget, the day I put my favorite sweater on in the morning, and went shopping all day, without a coat over the sweater, only to discover that night I had worn the sweater backwards all day long!! Wouldn't have been so bad if the "front" was just plain....but it had a pocket on it.

ROFL....we all have days like that!! Hang in there.....

oh yea...next time the "fumbles" hit you...give up, head out the door, and go get a massage. It will set everything aright!!

I would then go to prayer, or a quiet corner for reflection/quiet time until it passes. That could be me!!!

Have some chocolate, rest a while and then go get it right!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast