Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: How many kinds of stupid....

Quote Originally Posted by Yooper32
    Through my considerable years, I have mostly learned that after about two incidents of flawing whatever I am touching, it is best to sit in my chair and watch something stupid on the tv, cause ain't no way I am going to accomplish anything good for this particular day.
    I have to agree. Yesterday I was (supposedly) finishing the last row on a quilt. Molly (furbaby) kept sitting on it and meowing. I shooed her away a couple of times but she just kept coming back. I should have listened to her!

When I was about 1/3 done with the row, my bobbin ran out of thread. When I pulled the quilt away from the presser foot, I noticed that I had caught the extra battiing and sewed it over the backing! I quit! I did some cleaning and made an appointment to get my hair cut :?
    Today I spent time with Ricky Ripper taking out those rows of quilting I had done and refilled my bobbin. I think I will listen to Molly better next time. :|

So sorry everything was topsey, turvey the other day. Hope it has all straightened out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl
    Sorry for this question, what is HST
    Half square triangles

HA! If it wasn't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all.lol

I would say it is "one of those days". We all have them. Put down the things that require any form of dexterity, grab a good book, a glass of wine (if so inclined) and relax. TOMORROW WILL BE BETTER. I promise.

Think it's time for a drink!!!

So after I dropped the timer from the aquarium light in a bucket of water (not plugged in) during cleaning, lost a piece of fabric I KNOW I cut, I'm afraid to sew today. ;-/

Dee
    I had that kind of day Friday. All I did was rip rip.

I had that kind of day today. I decided it was time to spray my 1/2 gallon milk jugs black to use in the greenhouse. Didn't have my glasses with me. I pushed the spray button the on the wrong side and sprayed my right hand black. But, I did discover that finger nail polish will remove the black paint.

Then I decided that I would spread some wood pellets from some damaged bags under the chicken roost. I removed two of the roost poles and sometime during the process discoverd that I had accumulated a fair amount of chicken poo on myself. Ugh :shock:

I don't know if I shoud have been quilting or not.

OMG! That is too funny & sad at the same time. Sorry all of that happened to you but you must of been tired. Sometimes you just have to rest when your day is going like that.

Blog Entries
    ROTF-LMBO!!! You can make a funny story out of a bunch of mishaps! Thanks for sharing! You made my day!

Hehehe... we've probably all had times like that. Sounds to me like it's time for a dip in the hot tub, or maybe for getting a good massage. The quilting will wait.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OHSue
    You know sometimes I amaze myself with how many kinds of stupid I can be.....
    I was working on simple BOM from my LQS, super simple with HST and some flying geese units. First I mess up my up on orientation of HST twice, then I sew on a flying geese unit backwards. At one point I had to wind a bobbin and I cut the top thread, wound the bobbin, put it in and proceeded to sew until the 6 inches of thread on the top ran out.
    I was cutting a Lil Twister wreath project, had it all laid out on my cutting table. Went to move some fabric and created enough of a breeze to blow off some of the blocks and now I can't figure out how to get it back the right way.
    I tried cutting some strips for a very simple swap block I was working on, and for some reason turned my ruler around and cut them 3" instead of 3.5".
    I decided it was time to stop with the quilty projects and sit back with my knitting. So I am knitting on a sock that I have been working on for a while and totally forgot to do one part of the pattern and didn't figure it out until I was four rows past that point.
    Sat down here to read the list for a while and look at pretty pictures, and promptly spilled my tea all over the computer desk.
    I was thinking of reading but I will probably get a lethal paper cut.....
    Oh gosh--you're a good writer. I'm sitting here cracking up because in the past week I have made more errors than ever, and I feel so stupid. One example (just to make you feel better), I sewed some hanging tabs on a wall hanging on the wrong side--no they couldn't go on any side, this project was of horse heads. Looked pretty goofy sideways. So, I cut them off and make more. I sewed three on each of the other two wall hangings, but on one, one tab was sewn on sideways--so the bottom wasn't the fold, and on the other TWO were sewn on sideways.

And there was the backs that folded up so got quilted in with the quilting. Heeellllo seam ripper.

These are but a brief sample, but do you feel any better?

If there is a place to goof, I'll goof. Makes me want to charge double for some stuff. :lol:

Half square triangles

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OHSue
    You know sometimes I amaze myself with how many kinds of stupid I can be.....
    I was working on simple BOM from my LQS, super simple with HST and some flying geese units. First I mess up my up on orientation of HST twice, then I sew on a flying geese unit backwards. At one point I had to wind a bobbin and I cut the top thread, wound the bobbin, put it in and proceeded to sew until the 6 inches of thread on the top ran out.
    I was cutting a Lil Twister wreath project, had it all laid out on my cutting table. Went to move some fabric and created enough of a breeze to blow off some of the blocks and now I can't figure out how to get it back the right way.
    I tried cutting some strips for a very simple swap block I was working on, and for some reason turned my ruler around and cut them 3" instead of 3.5".
    I decided it was time to stop with the quilty projects and sit back with my knitting. So I am knitting on a sock that I have been working on for a while and totally forgot to do one part of the pattern and didn't figure it out until I was four rows past that point.
    Sat down here to read the list for a while and look at pretty pictures, and promptly spilled my tea all over the computer desk.
    I was thinking of reading but I will probably get a lethal paper cut.....
    Well let me count how many "stupids" you were.....hmmmm, I can't seem to find any of them. So you must be ZERO amounts of Stupid. A bit clumsy? Possibly....A bit flustered???? I would agree to that. Someone that made the world laugh today??? DEFINITELY. Someone that WILL have a better day tomorrow....POSITIVELY. Someone that will give a chuckle every time they read all of the responses to this post...YOU BET YOUR BOTTOM DOLLAR!!!!

When you stop and think of all of the things you were trying to do, I think a better description of your dilemma is that you were just very TIRED and not STUPID. Don't beat yourself up or feel bad, we all get tired and do some amazing things. I really got a good laugh out of your story. I hope you got a good laugh too. Thanks for sharing. :D :-D :) :-) :wink:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5