Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How many machines do you own?

Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland
    Blog Entries
    Use the Search feature and you will find several threads on this topic...and lots of reasons for having any number of machines. Me, I need all 8 of mine!!

Quote Originally Posted by quiltinghere
    Too many to count

and way to many to list here ;)
    Ain't that the truth, lol.

I have 5 machines. A Janome 6600, a Juki, an old 50's Bernina, a Singer 66 16, and an old Meister that was made in Germany. Don't use the Bernina right now for it needs a new belt nor do I use the Meister for I just don't need to. The Bernina is a machine my mother bought in the 50's and I done a whole lot of sewing on it.

I have two Brothers that I use only for embroidery, one Janome that I use for sewing and two sergers: one threaded in white and the other in black color.

And I would love to buy a Pfaff 1229 if I could afford it.

Dee
    Too many, but can't part with any of my babies.

I have 3 sewing machines and a serger. Two of my sewing machines are Kenmores that are 2 and 7 years old. The third sewing machine is a 1970s Kenmore that I got off of Craigslist for $50 and I really only bought it for the sewing table it was in. My serger is a Brother 1034D. I have plenty of backups, don't you think?

Gosh... I have my grandmothers 1923 Singer 66 Electrified (the first electrified Singer made) and a Janome/New Home MC4000 that I bought from a school sale on Ebay years ago. Just recently bought a Babylock Evolve Serger (pre owned). So I only have the three... and I feel blessed by having them!

I have 2 and my mom has a long arm so I have access to that too. But that is it for me

i have 3 sewing machines, and one serger.

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    I have two.. my pfaff and my babylock for classes..

Blog Entries
    I have:
    Janome 6600
    Janome mc3500
    Janome sew mini (this one may not count. lol)
    Singer Featherweight
    Singer 66 Redeye (parts missing)
    Babylock serger that doesn't work

I have my Elna Quilters Pro that I use for all my quilting, a backup Janome, a Featherweight (needs some repairs) and my mother's Singer Treadle which sews perfectly but I want to preserve it so treat it like gold.

I have 4 plus an overlocker and an embellisher. They are all set - up for what I consider is each machine's best feature (I just wish I could get them all on the one machine). I have a one bedroom apartment - so consequently it is a little chockers with materials, machines and the quilting bed....perhaps I should convert that to a sleeping area...

I have a Bernina 440QE, a Juki 98,a Janome Gem for classes,a serger and as of yesterday a Janome 11000 for embroidery.

Blog Entries
    at one point I had 7. sold off two of them as I had no room to store them. gave 2 away. now I am down to my brother and my bernina. and one small serger. My friedn just gave me a bigger seger but for the life of me I cannot figure it out.

I have too many machines as well, but my backup/classroom machine is a Janome Platinum. My primary machine just got too darn heavy for me to take to classes and I would have been lost without the Janome when I took my primary machine in for servicing. Not having a machine to sew on for a few days - OMG, perish the thought!!

I own seven machine mostly for different things

I have 6 and a serger. But if I start a project on one I like to fininsh the project on the same machine is that not wierd?

Wow, I have one, a Kenmore about 8 yrs old, I have never had a problem with. I feel like I need to play catch-up lol. But I have no room for more.

I have 3 sewing machines and 2 sergers. You always need a back-up. That's what i keep telling myself :lol:

tmg
    I have seven machines.

Well, after thinking about it I have several also. I have a singer that I somehow broke trying to clean, it made beautiful stitches. I then got a Bernina 230 PE, then a Bernina 730, that I sold, then a Janome 350e, then another Janome (like the Hello Kitty), then the biggest one of all, an ABM Innova 18". My sister gave me an old Montgomery Ward that I haven't done anything with so far. After I write it down I start to sound like a collector, didn't realize I had this many machines since some are hid from sight. :lol:

I have 5.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltinggrandmaca
    I bought a new sewing machine last year, a Husqvarna Sapphire 875 and I kept my other machine which was also a Husqvarna that was several years old. It is a huskystar and a great machine. I use it for doing mending and stuff like that and use my newer machine for quilting. When I have to take my machine for service at least I can still quilt. I contemplated selling it but then decided to keep it for a backup.
    Let's see.... a Sapphire, Babylock, Pfaff, Singer, and a recently purchased Pfaff Serger. All accumulated over the past 40 years. Oops, almost forgot my Singer hand-crank (1920's machine) that I take with me when my other goes to car shows. :-)

I bought the Sapphire 870 two years ago and use it for quilting (it has a larger throat space). The Babylock (15+ years) is great for for piecing. The little Pfaff Hobby (20+ yrs) travels for classes. And, my "portable" Singer (1950's vintage) is idle, at the moment, but I can't part with it -- it was the first machine I bought, in high school (many many years ago!).

I find it hard to part with my machines because you don't get a good trade-in price, usually. Gave another Babylock to a family member -- that was a happy thing to do.

My first machine was an expensive Elna Quilters Pro 7200
    Then I found this lovely Singer Capri in a sewing shop and bought it for pennies, it is my favourite machine especially for freemotion:

I have a1939 Singer hand crank in pristine condition, rescued from a junk shop and an old Frister Rossmann cub 4 for use in my Patchwork classes.

And I will most likely end up with more as I can's resist the older machines :oops:

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast