Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: How many Pincushions does it take...

I have several pin cushions. I would count them but they're all still packed.

I've been to a couple of retreats where the goodie bags were filled by the retreat goers so I got tons of neat pin cushions from that.

Some of the ones I've received from the goodie bags are a Texas chick, a bird on a golf tee nest, a knit star, a couple of bottle cap finger pin cushions, and an heirloom tomato.

Some of the other ones I have are one of the ones with the spools around it, a ceramic swan, a tiny ceramic pitcher, a crown with a tape measure in the bottom and thimble in the top, the rocking chair with spool holders on the sides, a ball of wool thing, and a hand knit round one.

There are probably a half dozen or more that I've forgotten. I have a fancy tea cup that I'm going to turn into a pin cushion one of these days.

Blog Entries
    i'm so excited abt this swap. i hope someone starts a Christmas decoration swap.
    i've just spent 2 hrs looking up designs for pincushions. everything from flowers, aliens, dogs,cats,bcees,dragons,turtles, watermelons...omg..there's just to much to choose from. any suggestions on what i should do. anyone have a preference in what they would like to rec??????

don't forget to look at bean bags for some great ideas on items to make!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HisPatchwork
    About 30. I like collecting them {just to look at}too. Most have pins in them, I like to collect different pins also. When I find the cable to download pictures from the camera I will post them. There are two that get used most.
    one of my favorites that i use
    Name:  Attachment-93601.jpe
Views: 16
Size:  36.6 KB

another favorite i use alot
    Name:  Attachment-93606.jpe
Views: 16
Size:  39.4 KB

doubled as a remote holder while DH recovered from knee surgery
    Name:  Attachment-93612.jpe
Views: 13
Size:  45.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

My swap partner made me a pincushion bracelet . I will post a photo. It is beautiful & so useful!

Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
    My swap partner made me a pincushion bracelet . I will post a photo. It is beautiful & so useful!

I hope you post it on the Pictures from the pincushion swap.

I love your collection, Hispatchwork. Thanks for sharing, maybe others will get some good ideas when they make theirs.

have 3 machines set up ready to sew and a pin cushion by each, one on the cutting table, one on the file cabinet by a design wall, two on dresser by other cutting table, plus 2 hanging on the wall - one by my iron and one by design wall, one on my quilting machine and one on a shelf by my quilting machine. I move them around as/or if needed.

Jackey in MO

Where is a pattern for the flower with the 3 D petals?

I LOVE this puzzle piece quilt!! Do you know where I could find the pattern??

Quote Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
    Three

Two that I rotate similar to you. Magnetic of course!

One for applique.
    Same here ... only 2 that I use. If I am moving the fabric, the pinmagnets go with it. That way all is together and my sewing room looks neater.

That being said, I do have a collection of handmade pincushions that are for display only. They add some whimsy to my bookcases.

ali

Blog Entries
    I also make the flower one, I love the turtle. All the others are very pretty. Thanks for posting them.

Cookie

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7