Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many quilt tops do you have? >

How many quilt tops do you have?

How many quilt tops do you have?

Old 09-11-2010, 03:02 PM

I can't kneel myself and so I put two trestle tables together and walk around them when sandwiching. You do have to lean over towards the middle at times which is a bit of a pain for shorties such as myself but I get there. I find having the tops on the tables are easier on my knees and I can stop walk away or sit down for periods as well.

Maybe1day
Old 09-11-2010, 03:14 PM

I work on a table top also. If your table is not large enough, sit a piece of MDF or light ply on top of it (cover with plastic if it isn't smooth - staple underneath) to give you a larger area. Sure saves the knees.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:24 PM

I only have one lap quilt waiting to be quilted. I have a stack of table runners and placemats that are giving me the evil eye!!
Old 09-11-2010, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
I can't kneel myself and so I put two trestle tables together and walk around them when sandwiching. You do have to lean over towards the middle at times which is a bit of a pain for shorties such as myself but I get there. I find having the tops on the tables are easier on my knees and I can stop walk away or sit down for periods as well.

Maybe1day
I push the dining tables at my church together. I had to use two for the quilt I'm currently working on but I know when I'm ready to quilt the king size quilt I'm working on I might have to use three or four tables! lol
Old 09-11-2010, 04:40 PM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

only 2. have 4 more started. . . so many patterns and ideas!! :lol:
Old 09-11-2010, 06:58 PM

Great all of you how have quilt tops..they make great table cloths...I have one i just love I purchased at an estate sale..my favoirate table cloth, I admire the makers work and I bet she is glad I have it...God Bless..your tops will be used too.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:15 PM

I would have over 40 quilt tops ready to go - some are sandwiched ready for quilting, others have backing fabric and binding ready; others probably will never get quilted. I hand quilt most but because of the sheer volume of quilt tops I have amassed, I have started to machine quilt some too.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Sewmarty
Great all of you how have quilt tops..they make great table cloths...I have one i just love I purchased at an estate sale..my favoirate table cloth, I admire the makers work and I bet she is glad I have it...God Bless..your tops will be used too.
Do you put a backing or something to keep the seams from raveling? I had thought of using a couple of mine for that purpose, but I was afraid the seams would be ruined when I was "ready" to make the sandwich.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:10 AM
MNM

Originally Posted by GailG
Originally Posted by Sewmarty
Do you put a backing or something to keep the seams from raveling? I had thought of using a couple of mine for that purpose, but I was afraid the seams would be ruined when I was "ready" to make the sandwich.
Yes! I put a light weight fabric on the back and do some SID and they look and work great. I wash mine alot so they really need that backing. MNM
Old 09-12-2010, 10:23 AM

Thanks. I think I'll try it. Just hope they don't spill things on it.