Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many quilt tops do you have? >

How many quilt tops do you have?

How many quilt tops do you have?

Old 09-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Power Poster

HEAVY SIGH - too many!

Originally Posted by manyana
I have two tops and three waiting for the blocks to be put together. I put off sandwiching because the thought of kneeling on the floor to put together makes my knees ache. Any suggestions??
I sandwiched the last one in the cafeteria at work where I pushed big tables together. (yes, it is very clean in there) As I got one section pinned, I pulled it up and worked on the next section. Used blue painter's tape to tape down the backing.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:21 AM

Maybe I'm the odd one out here but I go from start to finish and don't start another quilt until I finished the one I started. Once (years ago) I did have 2 tops made before I finished them but it drove me absolutely crazy so I vowed never to do that again. Course I always have zillions of ideas and graph out quilts while finishing one.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by ksea
Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
Now that I have decided to hand quilt my wall hanging, I can see why so many people make quilt top after quilt top yet don't actually turn their quilt tops into finished quilts. Quilting is tedious and hurts my fingers. lol I WILL continue and I won't give up but I'm itching to start another quilt top. How many quilt tops do you have that are waitin for the day you find enough energy to make them into actual quilts? :-D
Ummm, maybe like 13-15 and all but 2 of them are already sandwiched and 2 of them already have some quilting done on them, Hand quilting is not my strong suit and so I just sandwich them and pack them away, that way they are ready when I am. The oldest one in the tote is about 7 years old, the year I started quilting seriously. Hope no one here knows my DH and mentions them to him. I'm not sure what he thinks I have done with them but I know he doesn't know they are in a tote. He did tell me I could buy a quilting machine and frame so maybe he suspects!! :oops:
Old 09-09-2010, 03:21 AM

My goal since I have only been working part time (last 2 years) has been to get all my tops quilted. I knew that I had a few but didn't realize exactly how many until I started collecting them from all their hiding spots and storing them in one place. I now have two of the largest Rubbermaid containers full of completed tops (I was afraid to count them but I can barely lift the bins) and a smaller one is full too. I also have some others that are just waiting for borders. Needless to say, finishing up my completed tops is my goal again this year.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:22 AM

I only have one wall hanging pieced, sandwiched, pinned, but am afraid to start the quilting part because I can't decide what color thread to use. (Well, that's my excuse anyway) LOL
Old 09-09-2010, 04:13 AM

I have 4 waiting to be sandwiched and quilted. Working full time and different shifts,means that I have very limited time to work on a project. Piecing lends itself to quick bursts of activity, whereas FMQ requires a bigger blocks of time. Well at least that's my excuse.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:26 AM

nine
Old 09-09-2010, 04:29 AM

x number waiting to be quilted
Y number waiting for borders
Z waiting for some attention
Old 09-09-2010, 04:30 AM
Power Poster

several, with several more in the works ;)
and ,,i'm a long-arm quilter...
its like the mechanic with the broken down car in the yard...i am always working on quilting other people's quilts, mine just stack up for some day, when i have a gap in the quilting schedule.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:40 AM

Enough that it is starting to bug me! So I made a deal with myself. I'll finish one completely after each new top. At least I feel like I'm making progress that way.