Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many quilts does one need??? >

How many quilts does one need???

How many quilts does one need???

Old 02-09-2010, 12:48 PM

Boldripper, I could not connect to your site.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:49 PM

I just checked also, so emailed the president. Will let you know her response ASAP.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:52 PM

Okay I tried again to get on the prayers & squares web page and was successful. Please try again. That is the correct address.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:54 PM

Bearpaws, that is such a loaded question. Everytime I finish a new project, it's like I've given birth to a new child & just cannot part with it. If I have somebody in mind for it in the beginning, I can let it go. Otherwise, it goes on the pile & I rotate everything. Tablerunners, wallhangings, & quilts.
I used to have a neighbor who lived fulltime in a lg. motorhome. All she did was quilt. You could not sit anywhere in her rig without having to move piles of quilt TOPS. That's all she did. Never finished any of them. I hope a quilter inherits her stuff when she passes away someday.
I, too, enjoy the planning & fabrics. Just enjoy what you love & don't worry about the rest. Or pass on your tops to somebody who wants to finish them. Just a thought. Pat
Old 02-09-2010, 02:06 PM

Ok I got the site, but I had to type it in. It would not take me there from your posting. I always have odd blocks. If you will PM me with your address I'll start sending them to you.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:17 PM

WOW! That is exciting!

**address removed by administration**

We can certainly use the "odd blocks" in our Prayer Squares, or as beginnings of lap quilts. Thank you, and Olivia is lucky to have a Grammy like you. :=)
Old 02-09-2010, 02:20 PM

So much for PM. Guess my DH will ban me from using the computer now. :=(

Oh, well. I'll do anything to get extra blocks, squares, quilts, tops. There are only 4 1/2 quilters in our Chapter (the half is a young girl just learning), and we stay really busy on the simple lap quilts.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:41 PM

I'm new too and know exactly what you mean. I plan 2 for my bed. Window quilts for my bedroom windows 6 in all. A fireplace mantle runner for each season and christmas 5 in all. 2 runners for the dinningroom table. 3 runners for my reference tables. And one wallhanging for above the fireplace. And I'm leaning towards at least one lap quilt for these long winter days. And all I've done so far are sample blocks as I learn how to piece, applique and quilt.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:48 PM

Sample blocks are the only way to learn. Although I began by jumping right into an applique quilt, I have since seen the "error of my ways" with several trial and error methods of piecing. BUT, it is still just as fun, and especially rewarding to see a completed project. Getting together and having fun is the best part about quilting, and sharing the gift in the Prayers & Squares Chapter 313 ministry that I lead is wonderful.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:51 PM

the hospice my grandmother died in gave each new patient a lap quilt when they came in, and sent it home with the family after the patient passed away. i have sent them a couple... but i am working on 2 double wedding ring lap quilts with both of our favorite colors, blue & purple. one to send in her memory, and one for me to keep, but i keep putting them back in my closet, because every time i work on those, it's like having a visit with her. i guess i'm not ready to lose that yet.