Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many quilts on your 'to do' list? >

How many quilts on your 'to do' list?

How many quilts on your 'to do' list?

Old 09-09-2011, 12:57 PM

I don't have a 'to do' list cuz i think that sets you up for failure if you don't get them done. I keep sketch books and browse through them if I need a jolt of inspiration, but otherwise my work is mostly spontaneous.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:01 PM

Too mamy to count, have yards and yards of fabric washed and waiting! Now making the memory quilts as commissioned by others whenever I get an order. Love the creative side.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:48 AM

Way too many and at the rate I am doing them, I will most likely have to live to be at least 150 yrs. old.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:51 AM

I have five on my "do by Christmas" list. Most are simple nine-patches but the formost to get done is my granddaughter's Catherdal Window. I keep busy.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:11 AM

I'm working on one right now using the fabric I bought on my trip to Paris. My dd and my son both want quilts for Christmas, so they are likely on the list. I have in progress a panel quilt wall hanging for my dad. I'm doing my first FMQ on it so I work on it a bit at a time - it's too hard to do it for more than a couple of hours, I found my shoulders ache and my arm is killing be after that.

I do have a project notebook that is getting fuller and fuller and fuller by the minute! At this rate, I'll have projects to keep me busy for the next 10 years :) I haven't made any charity quilts yet or quilts for anyone outside the immediate family. Eventually, yes, just not right now.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:19 AM
Vat

I have two (2) binders FULL of pictures/patterns. Ah , HUNDREDS????????!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2011, 04:26 AM
Power Poster

I can't even count all the UFOs' in my closet. There must be 20 or more. It seems I like the peicing more than the quilting. I promised myself because of this board, that I would finish a UFO before I start a new qiult. I am going to try to finish all of them but it will take a while.

I like to have many things going at once so there is always something near ready in case it is needed for a gift or donation or raffle.

As far as patterns go, I have several binders full and look through them all the time for inspiration for everything from color to settings and border treatments that I might use in anything thing I am working on at the time. I pull ideas from everywhere.
peace
Old 09-10-2011, 04:29 AM

I just keep adding new patterns to my to do list. When I get ready to start a new one I go through the pile and pick one. If I have the fabrics, great it I don't I go buy them!
Old 09-10-2011, 04:33 AM

Ohhh,
you made me stop and count...
there are 9 UFOs and last night my daughter and I spent an hour and half in the LQS choosing just the right fabrics for my son's wedding quilt (for Oct 21! gotta get busy); there's the binder stuffed with 'someday' patterns; the stacks of quilting magazines with patterns I'd love to make; and the pictures taken at quilt shows of quilts I fell in love with...etc, etc, etc...
Old 09-10-2011, 04:41 AM

I have 4 quilts to make by Christmas. One is a baby quilt, one a bed quilt, two are lap quilts for gifts.And that's just my short list! Many projects in progress. Hope I can get these done . I too work on "crisis " mode. It seems I'm always working on a deadline. LOL!!