Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many sewing machines do you ahve? >

How many sewing machines do you ahve?

How many sewing machines do you ahve?

Old 06-04-2008, 11:08 AM

I have 2 machines, both Singers. They are rock solid workhorses!
One was my Mom's from about 1951 or 2 - can't remember the #, it's tan & white & all metal! I have the wooden "card table" for it, as well as a hard case with the original owner's manual & lots of attachments. When I took it in to be cleaned & "tuned up" I asked the guy for a ball park figure on it's value. He said it was worth at least $400 with all the goodies I have for it. When I told my Mom that, she just cracked up! Said that's about what she paid for it in the 50's! I'd say that was a good investment. :D
The other is a 150th Anniversary edition. Not fancy, but it has a few built in stitches. I was thrilled to have a machine that did zig-zag! lol This is the one I use all the time, at home & at class & workshops.
A Bernina with the stitch regulator is on my wish list! :wink:
Old 06-04-2008, 11:31 AM

OMG! I'm glad to find out I'm normal! I have 7 machines and everyone gives me a bad time for having so many. Now I'll just show them I'm not crazy after all. ( Well only crazy for machines ) LOL
I enjoy just looking at all of them!
Old 06-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Power Poster

Presently I have 3 sewing machines. I started out with one and it had to go in for repairs so I got another one for a backup.

I also have 1 serger and an embroidery/sewing machine combo that I just upgraded to. I haven't learned how to use the sewing part yet as I just got it last week, but am taking classes.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:09 PM

you reminded me- I have a serger. It's brand new, still in the box. Bought it ages ago. Another one that intimidates me. Maybe someday I will try it. Right now I'm too much in love with my Juki.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:22 PM

I have just one - a 1967 Singer. It works fine and I don't want to have to learn how to use another one. Do I get the booby prize?
Old 06-04-2008, 05:34 PM

I am sorry to say that I can't compare to all of you. For I just have one. I have just a kenmore 19110. Is kenmores a good machine? I see that all of you have others than that. I used to use a viking when I was in school. I was looking for a viking but at the time was a little pricey for my pocket book. So I ended up with a kenmore I had heard that they were a good one. What do you think?

Jeanette
Old 06-04-2008, 05:35 PM

I have 2 in my sewing room, I think I have 4 or 5 in storage, maybe 5 or 6. Two Elna's, 1 Montgomery Wards, 2 Huskies and I think 2 old Singers. I think that's all.LOL
Old 06-04-2008, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by quilterj
I am sorry to say that I can't compare to all of you. For I just have one. I have just a kenmore 19110. Is kenmores a good machine? I see that all of you have others than that. I used to use a viking when I was in school. I was looking for a viking but at the time was a little pricey for my pocket book. So I ended up with a kenmore I had heard that they were a good one. What do you think?

Jeanette
The Kenmore I have is about 30 yrs old now, has never ever been in the repair shop and it has a whole lot of "miles" on it. I have always cleaned and oiled it regularly and it has been a great machine(the main reason I have never parted with it)
Old 06-04-2008, 06:10 PM

Singer serger
Pfaff 2056
Brother Duetta
1959 Mint green Singer in a cabinet(just for looks,on display in my living roon)
1970s' Montgomery Ward in a cabinet (for looks on display also)
Old 06-04-2008, 06:14 PM

I have:
Singer 7470
Necchi Omega
Brother CS8060
Singer Featherweight
Easylock Serger
Brother PE 150
Brother PE 700II

I have 2 more but can't remember the model numbers offhand.
I upgrade every couple of years, would hate for them to break down and not have a replacement. :lol: :lol:
I sew just about everyday, and I make just about everything, I use different machines for certain fabrics.