Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many UFO's do you have? >

How many UFO's do you have?

How many UFO's do you have?

Old 03-01-2011, 11:42 AM

In reply to LISALISA: Oh my, this board has really inspired me to get my UFO's FINISHED. I have not started a new project since I have been coming here.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by kateyb
When I straightened up my sewing room at beginning of January I found 117. I've been working on them and am down to 112.
Awesome, that is one of the reasons I decided to reorganize my room and I was able to complete 3 in January and 1 in February. It feels so good, doesn't it?
Old 03-02-2011, 09:17 AM

I really don't know. Everytime I count them and put down a number within the next few days I will run across more that I have forgotten. Many of my UFO's are tops that are waiting to be quilted until I know who they are going to, they take up so much less room unquilted. Also when I get an idea I have to at least start it because I am afraid I will forget about it.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:54 PM

OMG! Way too many to bother to count, but I'm working hard on them. I've even given away to Goodwill about 10 I would never finish, but someone else most likely will. I'm trying to get as many done each month as I can, in between the craft items for the booth I need each craftshow. Some of the UFO's are meant to be sold, some are for donations, a few for gifts...just mostly need to get tops quilted & bound on tablerunners & quilttops I've made & just put aside as they were done. I end up making new projects or getting into BOM's & mystery quilts or the pinwheel project here on the board...the tops get forgotten for a couple years or more & then I go looking for something & they get uncovered again...one day they will all get totally finished. I'm sure that's how most of us feel. I'm darn sure trying to get what I have now done by the end of this year...we'll see................
Old 03-03-2011, 07:04 PM

I also have a lot of UFO's. However, this year I am determined to finished many of these. So far I have finished about 4 UFO's and it feels really good. I am trying not to start any new projects but that is hard to do. There are so many neat project out there.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:25 AM

None,I guess I'm kinda OCD like that.Once I have the quilt top made and the binding sewn on I immediately start layering it and quilting it. But I was like that in school too. If a teacher told us on Monday that a report was due on Friday,then I started working on it on Monday. I just can't let a quilt top lay there and not quilt it.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Jagsd3
1 UFO that will be done after the 10 WIP. (all that have been worked on a bit this week)Of the WIP's 2 are now ready to sandwich and quilt, 3 (BOM) are in the process of putting borders on, 2 BOM (FWS in progress still) 1 Friendship quilt (BOM in progress)last block won't be done until May 2012)1 Winter Snoman quilt awaiting it's turn at one more finished border.
I love your star quilt. The contrast of the colors you used really made it stand out.It looks like it ready to come right out of the quilt.Have you entered it in a show? If not you should,it is beautiful,one of the best star quilts I seen.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:36 AM

Had my group of sewing friends over last night and did a show and tell of some of my ufo's...and it was only about 1/3-1/2 of them...showed 9 basted ones, and 44 tops...was fun to see them...some I am keeping out to finish...and can't wait to have friends over the next time to see the rest of them...I am inspired again to get quilting...not just piecing.

Kim
Old 03-05-2011, 11:59 AM

I admit nothing but I am working on them.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:53 AM

too many and lots of pigs!!!!