Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How Many UFO's Do You Have? >

How Many UFO's Do You Have?

How Many UFO's Do You Have?

Old 03-26-2018, 03:30 AM

Do I really have to count them??? I don't think I want to know. Sometimes, I pull one off the pile and finish one.
Old 03-26-2018, 03:45 AM

Let's see, I have 3 that are waiting for the binding to be put on; 1 that is waiting for a label; 5 that are waiting to be quilted (the backings and binding are cut and waiting with them). I'll probably quilt them in December when I take time to quilt my quilts. Just started piecing my Box of Strings. So I guess I have 10 UFO's, as long as I don't count the stacks of fabrics with their pattern with them waiting to be started.
Old 03-26-2018, 03:56 AM

Cleaned my sewing room & gathered up UFOs in one spot. Only one quilt (finished now so no longer UFO) fabric for 3 nightgowns, dishtowels that I will appliqué, reuseable grocery bag projects. All in all, it’s miscellaneous projects that won’t take days to finish up.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
I don't count my UFO's. I sew what I want to sew, when I want to sew it I have one from 2012, but I think that is my oldest. Maybe I should join the UFO group here o the QB.
The UFO challenge group is a fun group, come on over!

Rob
Old 03-26-2018, 04:10 AM

I have two large UFO’s - I just re-focused on one having recently finished a priority project. TheN I will finish the other before I begin anything new. I find my favorite part of the process is the feeling of accomplishment when I finish a project. My least favorite is the nagging feeling of UFO’s. For me, it works best to keep my focus on one-at-a-time. But I know others who seem comfortable with having multiple projects going on at once.

I must have 8-10 new projects ready to go (pattern & fabric selected) but I have them tucked away in their own little covered white bin waiting to be chosen as the next masterpiece. I keep them put up or I might be tempted to create the chaos of having too many things going on at once!
Old 03-26-2018, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
I've got at least 10 UFOs. I did finish one a few weeks ago but new fun projects keep distracting me.

As for the pack n play sheets, did you know that a full size flat sheet will get you 4 pack n play sheets? I buy nice flat sheets at Goodwill.

Cari
Yes. I get them from a local thrift shop that I used to volunteer at. I wait until I find a huge pile of them and cut them all out at one time, pile the cut ones in a big plastic tub, and then sew happily away .... between quilting. Love it!
Old 03-26-2018, 05:11 AM

Off the top of my head I'd have to say 10-15; this is the year they're going to get done. I'm not buying fabric unless it's needed to finish a UFO. So far it's going well. They're in different stages, so depending on my mood I can rearrange what's on the design wall, piece or quilt the sandwiched project.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:53 AM

I think I’m project-oriented when it comes to quilts, meaning I like to finish what I start. With my knit/crochet, I must be process-oriented, because I learn a new technique then I tend to get bored & start something new. So I have plenty of UFOs in my yarnie endeavors but only 1 in my quilts. That one stalled because of a foolish mistake that I made right before summer camp started last year. My schedule was too hectic to take time to undo that mistake then & it’s been set aside for almost a year. Meanwhile, I started 5 other fabric projects & have finished 4. I’m still working on #5.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:04 AM

I mostly just cut when I'm ready to start, but I often have more than one project going. At present, I have two projects that I'm working on. I do have one I started many years ago and lost interest in. Someday . . . .
Old 03-26-2018, 06:28 AM

I realized my interest begins to flag about 1/3 through.
So I've been making double sided bed runners out of them.
And I love seeing them on the bed and not nagging from the closet.
Attached Thumbnails bed-runner-mystery-bits-2-inch-tumblers.jpg