Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How Many of We Quilters are Grandparents????? >

How Many of We Quilters are Grandparents?????

How Many of We Quilters are Grandparents?????

Old 10-16-2010, 03:30 PM

I have 2, jacob 10, emily 7. The first 2 quilts I made are going to them. Going to wrap them up for when they get married or off to college. That way if i'm not around they will still have something from Grammy. of course they will get other ones I'm sure. but those will be special ones and a surprise.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:31 PM

I quilted here and there, mostly small projects and gifts while I raised our 4 kids....a 30 year journey! This past August I officially became an empty nester!! Woo hoo!! While it is strange and sometimes lonely, I have completed more projects in the last 2 months than I have in years. I have a 2 year old granddaugter that I watch 2 days/week...so there goes 2 potential days in my sewing room but I enjoy her so much I don't miss it at all on those days.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:39 PM

I,ve got 9 grandchildren--5 boys and 4 girls-- from 20 yrs old to 3 yrs. old
I am also a great gramma of an 8 month old ggrand daughter.
I,m busy sewing quilts for them all the time.
They just love the quilts and tell me what kind they want.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:43 PM

I have 3 grands - all siblings: Seth, 6; Emma, 9 and Noah, 12. They love to "play" in my sewing room. I taught Emma and her mom (my DDIL) to sew this summer so when I got my new Janome, I gave them my Bernina 135. They were thrilled. They have made several things and we are looking forward to more sewing together. Emma is very interested in quilts and has made several doll quilts. Seth likes to make different stitches on my machine. He has also sewn strips together for "quilts" for his stuffed monkey. I'm so blessed to have them in the same town. I had 2 boys so I love being able to pass my sewing on to Emma and Jenny.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:49 PM

My grands range in age from 24 yrs to 5 years. Four girls and at last a grandson, he's the 5 yr old. That's a;; I am going to get. I................m looking forward to greats but so far none are married, the older two are just graduating from college.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:55 PM

I have one grandson, Alexander who was 2 the end of July. In fact he should be arriving here in about 10 minutes. I can't wait.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:59 PM

Grandchildren ARE wonderful!!! You can spoil them and then send them back, or just spoil them when you visit them, etc. :>) I have 6 of them - 5 boys and 1 granddaughter, who by the way IS the PRINCESS of the family!!! Love them ALL, and try to do a good job of spoiling them !!!! LOL!!!
Old 10-16-2010, 04:00 PM

I have five grandsons. Yesterday was the second birthday of number five. He got a quilt from me, and a cute pair of lined overalls that I also made.

I have made a quilt for each grandson, as they graduated from the crib to the bed. Since I have only been quilting for five years, you can see my skill progress with each child's quilt.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
I did quilt a little when I was raising five kids and homeschooling a few long years ago. Now that I am somewhat retired I have had more time to persue the sewing/quilting that I would like to. My hat is off to those very ambious young Mothers/Fathers who quilt and get a lot of them finished instead of being left in the UFO Department.

Just wondered how many Grandparents are out there. Aren't Grandkids the greatest!
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Oh, forgot to mention I have ten!
I have Four. #boys 1 girl barbara
Old 10-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Banned

I have 1 granddaughter.