Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: How many years did you spend stocking up on fabric before retirement?

I didn't start quilting until 10 years after I retired. I buy fabric as I need it so I still do not have a stash; but I do have lots and lots of left over scraps which I need to sort out and make into scrap quilts. Once I started quilting, I bought lots of gadgets to use in quilting so I feel I have a well equipped sewing room and have really enjoyed making and quilting my quilts.

You NEVER have enough fabric!!!! There's always something new to catch my eye....I could open my own store. Honest...
    Keep smiling, it makes others wonder what you're up to!

I haven't officially retired yet, but my back surgeon retired me on disability. I didn't start quilting for over a year & a half after I finished chemotherapy & had enough strength to collect the fabrics & get some cut. I worked my way up from there. I take a lot of breaks, so am a slow quilter, but I have fun with it & I always seem to have something more to work on. I buy little bits of this or that & fat quarters get me through a lot of projects. I buy yardage when I can too! Lots of projects for a huge family who all love the hand-made gifts. They all try to see it first so they can comment & maybe have it gifted to them! LOL!
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,Speak Kindly, Leave the rest to GOD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mucky View Post
    I don't think you have to try to stock up as it will happen. I've I ly been quilting 15 years but find my taste in fabric has changed since I started so my advice is don't stock up-- just buy it as you go along.
    I say "ditto". I have fabric I don't think I will ever use. Now after being retired 12 years, it is out of date.
    Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of God!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4