Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How did you spend your weekend? >

How did you spend your weekend?

How did you spend your weekend?

Old 05-17-2010, 05:42 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I spent mine washing material, ironing and folding, when the kids would let me. I had stumbled upon a bunch of scraps that were hiding from me and they smelled aweful. Must have been some I got a few years ago at a thrift shop and had never opened the baggies they were in. It seemed like I would never get it all done. So what did you all do this weekend?
Old 05-17-2010, 05:47 AM

I helped my DS & DIL move. Sat spent 9 hours working and strolling Olivia. Sunday spent another 7 hours helping. DIL called me this morning to make sure I was ok as she told DS that she worked me to the bone. Love to spend time with my children no matter what I have to do.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:05 AM
Power Poster

I got to plant a few things in my garden and do some yard work, and got to go to a few garage sales! That was alot of fun, since I dont do it much anymore, but I had to go to the bank anyhow. Sister came over and we had coffee and went for a walk, and my daughter stopped by in afternoon for a visit. A great weekend here!
Old 05-17-2010, 06:20 AM

Went to a crawfish and crab boil, watched LSU lose to Kentucky in baseball, watched Nascar, ordered some fabric online, and worked on a prayer shawl that I am knitting.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:23 AM
Pam

Stayed home and sewed!
Old 05-17-2010, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by ToucanSam
Went to a crawfish and crab boil, watched LSU lose to Kentucky in baseball, watched Nascar, ordered some fabric online, and worked on a prayer shawl that I am knitting.
YUMMMMM!!! Haven't been to one of those in years!! I spent my weekend cleaning out and re-arranging the pantry, cleaned out and organized the laundry area, lots of laundry, staining wood!! How many of you are jealous? :lol: :lol:
Old 05-17-2010, 09:35 AM
Power Poster

Lots of yardwork, sewing those blocks for my project of 192 blocks, watching the Yankees, and spent the MOST time on this board :D :D :D :D
Old 05-17-2010, 09:40 AM

Saturday we went shopping for a motorcycle helmet for me. My DH has three motorcycles and always wants me to ride with him, so he figured this would be a bribe to get me to go more often. On Sunday went to a JoAnns Super Store. I have never been in one before. Sure wish it was closer to home. It's like you combined a Michaels and a JoAnns and then threw in a whole lot more just for good measure.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:22 AM

Spent 6.5 hours sorting and stacking firewood on Saturday while the little one played outside and then on Sunday we all went for a boat ride/fishing trip. Got a nice tan :-) And I finished my very first Needle Turn Applique block-woohoo!
Hugs
April
Old 05-17-2010, 10:55 AM

Spent time in the basement, unpacking boxes from my move 8 years ago! I want to move all my bags of Polartec fleece to shelves down there so I can rearrange my sewing room. The last place I lived was less than a mile from Malden Mills, who makes Polartec, and I used to stock up on the remnant sales they (alas) used to hold. Conservatively guessing, I must have about 200 yds of various weight fleece.

One of my doctor's is going totally electronic and was selling his metal shelves with the slots. I bought one and want to use it to reorganize my fabric stash. However, it's bigger than the shelves I currently use so -- fleece must move! Will post pictures when I have something that doesn't look like a total disaster area!