Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How did you spend your weekend? >

How did you spend your weekend?

How did you spend your weekend?

Old 05-17-2010, 11:55 AM

Took my daughter back home after a week of recuperation from tonsils operation (she is 22) Then on way back stop to see new grandbaby (5 months)Rained all weekend but all in all a good one.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:01 PM

I spent the weekend getting beat up, thrashed about by a gas powered auger(post hole digger). My husband and I dug 45 post holes this weekend.
My arms are sore, so is my back, my legs and even my scalp (a slight sunburn). We are running about 225 feet of wood fence along the front and sides of the property.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:37 PM

It was the first weekend that I didn't have to do alot of running. So I sewed on Sat. and spent Sun. catching up on some of the housework, then sewing some more!
Old 05-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Power Poster

Finished the beadboard in the porch and continued cleaning my sewing room. Now I am down to the magazines. One of the gal's mom just started quilting so I have a home for them.

Yesterday we took our friends' belongings to them. They moved here from Germany 1 1/2 years ago and just bought a house in the area. Their apartment was so tiny that we just let them store their things at our place. Why not be neighborly, right?
Old 05-17-2010, 03:55 PM

Went to a grandaughter's softball game on Fri night, 3 soccer games on Sat. and shopped for flowers to plant at my house and my daughters. On Sun after church planted some at my house-mostly in containers and help daughter plant hers. Still have some to plant but it is cold and rainy here today and expect more of the same until Thurs.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:55 PM

Spent my weekend baby sitting a pit bull for DS friend....DS didn't say don't let the "friend" have it back. :( Found out that he was gonna sell the dog to someone just so the person could have and outside dog. :( Pits can't live outside here...they will freeze to death :( So we ended up buying a pit now :) He is such a great dog...gets along so well with our other fur babies :D He just needs a lil bit of training on how to "walk nice" one the leash LOL Would like to eventually train him to pull a cart for us :D

Other than that...I managed to read a book. Can't do much else since I'm one handed because of pins in my wrist from surgery right now. Hope that 12 weeks goes by super fast :D
Old 05-17-2010, 04:07 PM

Let's see. Saturday went to a Silk purse class to make one out of a silk tie. Cute bag. Then went couon shopping and that took all day with my DD but we made a killing. Saturday night worked on SIggie blocks for the swap, played cards with some friends, then after they left I did some handquilting on my personal quilt. Then sunday, I repaired a quilt I have for another lady, added binding to one, coupon shopping again for the things I needed more than 10 of .LOL, then finished the weekend off quilting.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Power Poster

On Saturday I went to DGD birthday party. It was at the Amazing Pizza Machine. I'm glad that only comes once a year. Sunday I worked. Sigh. No sewing.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:39 PM

Went to a wedding on Saturday and a graduation party on Sunday.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:29 PM

I went to my Daughters graduations. She received her Masters in Teaching from Point Loma University, they we blew back home to get back 20 min late for a wedding for some friends (DD's Fiance was in the wedding, he didn't get to see her walk)