Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How much time do you spend on this board?

Blog Entries
    First thing in the morning, andf way too much during the day. I found this site when I was recoving from acute bronchitis and pneumonia in Feb., and I've been hooked ever since. I don't want to miss out on anything! I"m learning a lot of new technics, have seen beautiful quilts, but now I can't find the time to start my own!LOL

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Way too much!!! I have an Ipod with WiFi at home so the first thing I do is check the board in the morning. I can clean, do laundry, wash and fold and put it away. Wash dishes, cook and eat, and even quilt with my Ipod in hand reading the board every couple of minutes. Here lately I have been trying to break the habit and do more quilting instead. Then at the end of the night I check it again then off to dream land.

I just discovered this site a couple weeks ago. I am trying to check out all the previously posted quilt pictures. That will take weeks. Butttt - so much is posted every day and I don't want to miss anything. I am learning so much from all the subjects brought up and am bookmarking a lot. ----- The rest of the family spent all day on the computer on games or surfing. Now I am in control of the mouse, most of the day and night.

Yep. She's got the bug.

I have to force myself not to turn on the computer first thing in the morning. On Sundays it's really tough (church). Get home at noon.

You will be just fine. There is no known cure, so don't fight it.

Well if this is a clue I got on here at 6 am left to do dishes and get coffee, sewed a block, and have not left since! I have a pizza in the oven and will sit and eat it out of this room. But I guess you could say I am addicted! Especially to mare stare and all the new posts that come in!! I am unemployed and bored to death, But am having a hard time quilting as I might miss something here!

The most time I spend on here I think is an hour but I come inbetween my breaks and have a look. I check the recent topic. I am always working on a quilt and would like to stay longer but then the quilting not get done. I am working on the colorful quilt now on block A and it is very involved. Has anybody tried this quilt. I will be posting to my blog as I work on it.

I just started using the board last week. I do love to look at the pictures for ideas. And I check all the wonderful comments that have been left about my moose. It is getting a little addictive.

Quote Originally Posted by Maride
    While unemployed I get to go every time I walk by the computer.
    Ditto

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    I am on just about every day when I get home from work, and weekends, too. Only thing, I find it cuts into my quilting and reading time! What's a gal to do?

Banned
    WAY, WAY too much time.
    Sometimes as much as 3-4 hours in one sitting.

Blog Entries
    Way to much, but i am addicted, I love to read the new post, and look at all the pretty quilts. Some days I only read once. But lately, well it's been 3 or 4 times a day.

Blog Entries
    Too much time I think - because I should be sewing when I'm spending time here - wonder how much more sewing I'd get done if I limited my time on here a little more.

But, it's so interesting and I've learned so much by reading the questions, answers and comments on this site and also had a few good laughs. So I figure it's time well spent!

I check first thing in the morning, sometimes stay on maybe 2 hours. Then again around noon and then yet again before going to bed.

Yes, I would say addicted! :thumbup:

Yes I am addicted. I spend a lot of time on here. I have learned so much and every one is very nice. I am retired so I can come on anytime.

I love it here. Lots of inspiration and fun. Plus, I've learned tons. I contribute my quilting obsession to you people! Thank you though! Keep up the good work! ;)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltinggrandmaca
    I find myself checking here several times a day. I am don't go to a 9-5 job every day, so I am able to do that.
    I check several times a day, even at work...I know, bad girl...but I just can't help myself! ;) I surely wouldn't want to miss anything good! LOL

I spent so much time on here when I first found this site, that I thought I would never actually make a quilt! I am still pretty addicted, but after weeks of looking I had to try some of my own...and sew when I can, browse when I can't

Since we moved to Va. I havn't met any quilters than I can hang out with so this board is like my friends and family. I ceck it as often as I can. I'm a caregiver by profession so there are times I have to sit for hours so this fills the void as well as getting psyched for when I get home. We are also taking care of my in-laws 84 & 89 (they live with us ) so it's kind of a get away at home too.

I'd get a lot more done, if I'd stay off. LOL

Every morning and evening; also try to check new posts at least once during the day. A nice place to be!!

I try to take a peek before I go to work, but doesn't always work out. I come home and usually check while watching the news and in between cooking dinner. Our office manager blocked the internet, other than for work, because people were downloading music. I would love to be able to check in during lunch, but I make up for it on the weekends. My husband asks "what do you find to look at"? He doesn't do computers at all. More time for me!!

Blog Entries
    I probably spend too much time on here. I do work 8-5, so when on break I check in here. It's as much here as on e-mail or Facebook.

Quite often each day; it's usually what I do when I have a coffee break. Sometimes, I'm "betwixt & between", meaning I can't seem to get started on the things I need to do, so instead I check out the latest QB posts. Other times, when I just need to "talk", I'll post something here, which means checking in even more often than usual to see what responses I got.

I drop by most days...I learn so much and I love the companionship of like-minds, as none of my friends "get" the whole quilting thing. Sometimes (like today) I have spent far longer than I should...so now I have to dash off and get some work done around here before it rains again.

I check the board in the morning, while I'm waking up and then when I get home from work and then again in the evening, if I don't feel like sewing. I don't watch hardly any TV, would rather be here. I too feel as if I've lots and lots of pen pals. So much info. and I love seeing pics. of people's quilts or projects in process. I probably spend too much time here, when I think about it. I should get over to the machine and get busy.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast