Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How much would you charge? >

How much would you charge?

How much would you charge?

Old 04-09-2018, 04:41 PM

Also something to consider for anyone that is asked to make a quilt for a friend of a friend or anyone one else. If you start making quilts word will get around and then it becomes difficult and hard to say no. I am asked all the time if I would make this or that, hem, alter, window treatments, and on and on. My answer is always the same, "I do not sew for hire." If I happen to do a favor for a very close friend or family member I ask them not to tell anyone that I did them a favor. So far this is working.

Last edited by pewa88; 04-09-2018 at 04:42 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-10-2018, 03:11 AM

It is easier to say no if it something you don't want to do than to get stressed out. I always say no I only make quilts for family when ask to make a quilt. I've only made one commissioned quilt- Hope's Rose Garden on this board, it was a king sized QAYG and for a very dear elderly friend, deceased now and the quilt went to my best friend her niece when she passed. Paid well, but not nearly enough for the time spent. I designed the quilt and she furnished most of the fabric. I have no regrets for making that one but I won't make another one for anyone else.