Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: How to REMOVE Heat n Bond????

How to REMOVE Heat n Bond????

Is there a way to remove Heat n Bond from a piece of material?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Banned
    This is the best answer I could come up with. Good luck.

Q. How do I removed HeatnBond from fabric?
    ◦A. HeatnBond is a permanent adhesive. In order to remove HeatnBond from fabric, it can either be taken to a drycleaner that uses the chemical carbon tetrachloride (perc) which dissolves the adhesive in the fabric (please note that many states no longer use Perc in the dry cleaning process. It is best to call ahead and ask your dry cleaner.); or a product called Un-Du may be used in an attempt to remove the adhesive. Un-Du is a liquid adhesive remover which can usually be found in the scrapbooking section of major retailers such as Target or Michaels or at your local Scrapbook Store.
    ◦Simply squirt it on the area where the adhesive needs to be removed, and use the scraper to help eliminate it from the garment or fabric. The Un-Du will assist in dissolving the adhesive in the fabric. Finally, launder as normal.
    ◦Therm O Web can not guarantee any of the removal processes listed above. Results will vary depending on fabric, amount of adhesive to be removed and products and/or chemicals from other companies of which we have no control. Please test on an inconspicuous area before attempting removal.

Blog Entries
    Actually, several people on the board have had success by using brown paper bags (not anything with printing on it!). Place the bag over the heat'n'bond and iron. The fusible will adhere to the paper when it is warmed up. You have to do this multiple times, but it all comes off the fabric -- or at least it did for the QB members who tried it. It doesn't have to be brown paper bags; can be other paper or even other fabric. Just be sure to use a fresh piece each time you iron.

Blog Entries
    use un-do as well works great . Have been saving mini plastic cup cake containers for my daughters friend she makes cup cakes . but getting back to fabris have used it on fabric also. good luck!!.

This thread really saved the day for me. I used Heat and Bond Lite on t-shirts thinking it was the right kind of fusible for a t-shirt quilt. Oops! so after reading this I repeated pressed the fusible side to brown paper and after a few passes and many bags I was ale to remove almost all of the fusible. You really need to watch the edges as they want to roll and fuse to themselves.
    I am making a t-shirt quilt for my niece with her deceased father's t-shirts-not something I wanted to mess up!

The product Un Do works. You can find it at Walmart and most craft shops. It is the liquid used to remove photos stuck to glass frames. It will not hurt the photo. It has removed every adhesive I have tried it on.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Blog Entries
    I use "pure citrus orange air freshener"- spray it on and leave it for 5-10 mins
    then will remove glass stickers. it smells great but it is very strong.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Pure-Citr...+air+freshener