Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
how would you handle this? >

how would you handle this?

how would you handle this?

Old 02-11-2011, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
I would tell her that after 2 years you've learned a lot and "This is a twin size quilt and I do not feel comfortable with quilting this size on my home machine", then give her the name of a long arm quilter in your area. She (he) can let her know if it's not quiltable, and she will also get an idea of the real cost of quilting.
I agree. Be kind to yourself...you will be helping her in the long run.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:59 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by piepatch
Originally Posted by daisyboo9
Thank you every one for your opinion, it has reinforced how I feel. Let me clear up a few things that I may have left out. First of all, she is willing to split the $400 with me and out of this I will be reimbursed the cost to rent the machine (which she knows about)and the cost for the batting, backing and thread. We haven't even discussed the cost of gas as the rental is about an hours drive from my home. After these costs are looked after we split the remainder 50/50. I will return it to her and tell her that I cannot quilt it in that condition. I would rather go without the "profit" than to have to deal with all the possible problems.
Good for you!
Half of less than $200 is NOT worth the effort, bad taste left for her, the inconvenience, and the time/gas cost. SO glad you are letting it go!

Jan in VA

You are smart for returning it to her, and you are smart for taking care of yourself !
Old 02-11-2011, 07:18 AM

Get out of this mess now and do not look back and give it back and tell her she will have to find a quilter and then they can tell her it can't be done walllll off your sholders. Ans yes part of that $$$$ is to pay for the fabs out of your stach... Good luck
Old 02-11-2011, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Murphy
Return it to the person who gave it to you and explain what she needs to complete before it can be quilted. This is not your problem and she is not learning if you do it for her.
I agree. Good luck
Old 02-11-2011, 07:37 AM

Tell her the truth since she appears not to be a true friend or even a good acquaintance. Be blunt. Let her know that a quilt needs to be what I call "groomed" before quilting. She did the work, let her finish the work. Give it back to her so she can do the grooming. And if the quilt comes back to you in an un-quiltable condition, refuse to quilt it. Even better, suggest to her that SHE can have HER quilt machined quilted and refer someone or a shop who can do it. Especially since it appears that she is making a profit off of your stash and your work.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:06 PM

She dosn't act like a friend. I would return it and agree with the member who said lose her phone number. Being able to say NO is the best weapon to have in any armoury.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:13 PM

You call her a friend? I wouldn't do that to any of my friends and if they tried to do it to me I would just say NO.

Hope I don't hurt your feelings, but IMHO she is a user, not a friend, definitely NOT a friend.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Murphy
Return it to the person who gave it to you and explain what she needs to complete before it can be quilted. This is not your problem and she is not learning if you do it for her.
agreed above, but am dumbfounded that she would both seek to sell it with mostly your fabrics in it AND ask you to finish the mess off for her------RETURN IT saying mission impossible!
Old 02-12-2011, 10:35 AM

Do you HAVE to stay friends with her? I would never do that to a friend. I woudn't expect her to make it and if she insisted and I sold it I would pay her half. Wow.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:57 AM

I bet they don't stay friends!!!(if they were)