Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: how would you quilt a jacobs ladder pattern?

In the barn when possible otherwise sewing.

how would you quilt a jacobs ladder pattern?

I am making a quilt for my bed (queen size) using a Jacobs ladder pattern. How would I quilt the top of it? I am considering trying to hand quilt it.

hi quilting nd - i made 2 last winter - a lap size and a full size. i used a cross hatch design for the hst part and an oval in a circle for the 4 patch part. i decided that was a little too dense for the full size quilt and just used straight lines for the hst part (light side parallel to center seam - dark side perpendicular to center seam) - but i kept the same oval in a circle design. the jl pattern is becoming a favorite for me - it is simple, versatile in terms of color use and very forgiving for less than perfect piecing. i hq both.
    lefty

lfty298 - Thank you for your reply, but I am not sure that I understand. (quilt newbie here). I am starting Jacobs Ladder quilts and I was wondering the same thing. Do you have a picture that you can attach?

In the barn when possible otherwise sewing.
    I would love to see a picture also.