Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How would you quilt this? >

How would you quilt this?

How would you quilt this?

Old 08-28-2020, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by quiltlady1941 View Post
I made this quilt for my nephew who retired from the police force, it was an easy and fast ouilt to make but now the hard part is the quilting. I have no idea how to quilt it. Would you just do stitch in the ditch, I really don't like how that looks. But I really can't figure out what else to quilt. Any ideas would be such a great help. Thanks
May I ask how you post your pictures? I cannot figure out how to resize mine...I used to use Paint on my PC, but I have a Chromebook now and don't know what to use. Any help would be appreciated! TIA

P.S. Nice quilt!
Old 08-28-2020, 07:36 AM

I like the idea of an overall design. Check this blog.
She has a quilt with stars and stripes and the wavy lines really make
the quilt pop.
https://www.cupcakesndaisies.com/
Old 08-28-2020, 07:57 AM

I really don't have any ideas for quilting design. Just wanted to tell you what a beautiful and meaningful quilt you made. My son is a cop but not yet retired so this gives me an idea for him if you don't mind me copying your idea. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful quilt.
Old 08-31-2020, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Watson View Post
I would do a very gentle wavy pattern, repeated every 2" or so from the left edge to the right edge, running from top to bottom.

I have attached a very rough sketch. Your lines would be smoother and in white and maybe closer together. You could do this with a walking foot. or free motion. Just be sure to mark your straight lines well so you stay straight .

Watson
I thought of wavey lines too but I was thinking about going the other way down each strip, I was going to do the same color on each one. but I have a dark blue marbled fabric for the backing and I didn't know how that would look on the back with the different colors. Thanks for your help Carol
Old 09-01-2020, 03:15 AM

My first thought was stars. But others have also offered some good ideas for you to choose from.