Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How would you respond?? >

How would you respond??

How would you respond??

Old 12-26-2009, 04:39 PM

And, no, haven't picked up the machine yet; had too many people in the van to bring it home Christmas Eve. The parents leave soon for Florida. We'll likely go pick it up after they've left. Have to make a cozy spot for it first, you know.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:47 PM
Power Poster

My answer would have probably been a little more crude. "Do I want it? Do bears sh** in the woods? OF COURSE I WANT IT!" lol

As to the daughter. Hm, do you have a couch? (Poor girl)
Old 12-26-2009, 06:05 PM

Okay, you're getting your mom's sewing machine that's in a cabinet....will a twin bed fit in the space the machine used to own?....voila....a place for your daughter. Your mom probably won't even notice.....LOL
Old 12-26-2009, 06:19 PM
Power Poster

What a wonderful surprise for you :mrgreen: As for the daughter, she is a senior and gone soon :wink: But like others have said, unless you move, leave no forwarding address and change all the locks every six weeks they do tend to come back home :? And always bring more back then they left with :roll: LOL
CONGRATS and enjoy :thumbup:
Old 12-26-2009, 06:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
A week ago, my DH called me while I was sewing christmas banners at my church. The conversation went something like this:

DH: Your Mom called. You should call her. She wants to ask you something.

ME: What does she need? Who died?

DH: Now, think about this very carefully ... if you say yes, it means you've got to be prepared to feed it ....

ME: Feed what?

DH: Your mother wants to know if you'd like her sewing machine. If you don't take it, it goes to the Goodwill tomorrow. Now, THINK VERY CAREFULLY before you answer ... you know that another mouth to feed means you need more fabric to feed it.....

ME: Are you serious? OF COURSE I WANT THAT MACHINE! [realize that this is an OLD Necchi (oh, circa 1952 or so), in a lovely cabinet, with a knee control, and the machine I used all through high school]. I'm glad she thought to ask me since she's thrown out so much stuff without asking me if I would even like it. And, by the way, dear, I think my stash can handle ANOTHER machine at our house (this should make 6, I think).

So, my question is this: a) how would you respond? and b) how can I make my 17-year-old daughter (who's a senior in high school) move away NOW so I can have her room to sew in????? :evil: :twisted: :-D

:lol: Good answer!

How cool, I am so happy for you!
Old 12-26-2009, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by marsye
Just go rent her an apartment, hand her the key, birth control pills and a credit card. ROTFLMAO!!!!
Can you rent the apartment for your sewing and see the family at meal-time?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 12-26-2009, 06:44 PM

roflmao

Yes to the machine & send your daughter to bording school lolol
Old 12-26-2009, 06:58 PM

Well, my kids were all gone, I re did the family for for me and before I could say done, two were back home so I am back in a 7x9 room! Good Luck! LOL
Old 12-26-2009, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Pam G
Originally Posted by marsye
Just go rent her an apartment, hand her the key, birth control pills and a credit card. ROTFLMAO!!!!
Can you rent the apartment for your sewing and see the family at meal-time?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I wouldn't come back at meal times unless they cooked!! :lol:
Old 12-26-2009, 07:27 PM

Oh yeah, I agree!! Send her to live with Grandma -- it's probably been long enough that Grandma doesn't exactly remember how it was to have a TEENAGE DAUGHTER in the house :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

I have four children & nine grandchildren and I've NEVER forgotten what it was like to raise teenagers. I doubt the one you refer to has either. I wouldn't wish a repeat of that time on anyone (:...