Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How are you going to keep yourself on track for using your stash? >

How are you going to keep yourself on track for using your stash?

How are you going to keep yourself on track for using your stash?

Old 11-26-2012, 05:56 PM

Every January I make a list of projects that I want to do or finish. Some have made the list for several years. But it gives me a jump off place and I get done what I get done. It feels really good to mark something off my list. If I don't make a list I tend to flit from one thing to another and never get anything accomplished. I'm just not very structured! There are things that I make that weren't on my list. Wow, I really need to find a way to get things done. This year the list kinda went by the wayside and I got hooked on scrap quilts. I'm almost finished with my 4th one. Hopefully, in January I'll make a new list and stick with it in 2013.
I'm with MadQuilter, I need to live at least 80 more years to use up what fabric I have. I'm really, really trying not to buy any more fabric, but it calls to me and when I can get it for decent prices I tend to cave in. I should feel guilty having all of the fabric that I have, but I don't . I've worked hard my whole life and now it's time for me to do what I want to do and enjoy my retirement. I love quilting!!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:14 PM

I didn't sew on Monday, but was Susie Homemaker with cooking and cleaning. Today, I did sew. All ten hotpads are done and ready to be delivered to the soup kitchen. Tonight, I finished a pair of socks for myself --- from my yarn stash. Having finished two projects from stash, I will begin the Christmas hanging DH purchased in October. That's my journal entry for Tuesday --- still trying to forget the hundred bucks of purchases at the LQS last Wednesday!
Sew long.............