Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
HP Printer problem... >

HP Printer problem...

HP Printer problem...

Old 04-29-2011, 09:55 AM

some printers can detect if the cartridges are refilled. I get replacements on ebay for a fraction of the cost that HP or Staples wants.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:47 AM

I have a canon mp 980 printer and there is no way that I can have them refilled and not an option to buy new ones as they are spendy. Found a website LD inks that refills are quite cheap and they carry all types brands.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:47 PM

Staples had the assortment of ink cartridges at a more reasonable price, than the individual cartridges so I asked a clerk what the difference was and he said that the assortment cartridges have only half the ink that the individually sold cartridges. So the individual ones give you way more ink. I use only HP new cartridge now.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:25 PM

I always had HP printers and in fact made it the standard when I was a IT director. However, after 2 of them quit working, print wheel would not move, I purchased a Kodak 3 in 1. Love it, and ink is a lot less expensive.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Love2Craft
I had the used cartridge refilled and its been working fine...but this morning I get an error message saying that "previously used Genuine cartridge has been installed" Then it wants me to load paper (already in there) and print the alignment page (which I did) but I can't get any further. Obviously, they only want you to use their brand cartridge!!! is there anyway to bypass this? I can't even scan. Thanks for any help :-(

I have been printing on fabric for years - I never use anything but the actual inks that are made by whatever brand printer I have. Using the refills or cheaper versions end up ruining your printer.

I buy ColorTextiles printing fabrics and have used both Epson and HP printers.

I am now looking at a wide-format and have narrowed it to an Epson or an HP. HP puts new printer heads into the ink so you don't have the clogging issue that you can get with the Epson.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:52 PM

[quote=jbincolorado
I have been printing on fabric for years - I never use anything but the actual inks that are made by whatever brand printer I have. Using the refills or cheaper versions end up ruining your printer.

I buy ColorTextiles printing fabrics and have used both Epson and HP printers.

I am now looking at a wide-format and have narrowed it to an Epson or an HP. HP puts new printer heads into the ink so you don't have the clogging issue that you can get with the Epson.[/quote]

Thank you so much for telling us about Color Textiles. I have been trying to find a simple solution that is washable and easy. It sounds like this is it.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:04 PM

[email protected]

Here is the link to the company - based in Las Vegas. I discovered them in 2004 and have used every other brand out there but none are as good as hers.

I just bought a large pack of cotton and also of silk.

Happy Printing!

You can also purchase a sample of all of their fabrics. Worth it to try them all.

J
Old 05-08-2011, 02:03 PM

Regarding the printer ink cartridges, your electronics board on the cartridge is most likely expired.