Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HQ sweet 16 --my review!

I have had my Sweet 16 for about a year and I still love it! I only want to quilt my own quilts, and it is so easy to use. I played with some long arms, but the space and cost led me to decide on a sit down. I have use all kinds of threads from a metallic to king tut to water soluble (for basting) and the machine loves them all. It isn't too hard to learn how to adjust either the top or bobbin tension. You just have to give yourself time to ge your FMQ rhythm down.

Pam

I have had my HQ16 for about 12 months now and I still love it. I have just bought the stitch regulator for the machine and am playing with it. Earlier this year I quilted a Super King quilt on the 16 for my son and the quilt came up quite good. The table supports the weight of the quilt and you can see what you are doing. I have been messing around with some trappunto using rayon thread and found bring the thread to the horizontal feed (at the front of the machine) and going through only two tension holes, the thread fed fine. It really is playing with the tension and placement for each thread but the machine is great fun.

I love that machine. The dealer where I shop has it and I love to sit and play with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie downunder View Post
    I have had my HQ16 for about 12 months now and I still love it. I have just bought the stitch regulator for the machine and am playing with it. Earlier this year I quilted a Super King quilt on the 16 for my son and the quilt came up quite good. The table supports the weight of the quilt and you can see what you are doing. I have been messing around with some trappunto using rayon thread and found bring the thread to the horizontal feed (at the front of the machine) and going through only two tension holes, the thread fed fine. It really is playing with the tension and placement for each thread but the machine is great fun.
    I have been debating about the stitch regulator down the road in your opinion do you think it's worth the $?
    ELIZAJANE

I'd love one but my pocketbook is stopping me, lol

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I just ordered mine with the TruStitch on Friday. I am so beyond excited - I am busting at the seam.

Congrats on your new toy!
    Linda

Based on all of the previous good reviews of the Sweet 16 I ordered one. It arrived last week and am now in the learning curve process.
    Sweet Caroline

I have an HQ 16, and I love it! It is a great machine, and you will have such fun learning on yours!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
    I just ordered mine with the TruStitch on Friday. I am so beyond excited - I am busting at the seam.
    I want the trust stitch eventually!
    ELIZAJANE

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    Based on all of the previous good reviews of the Sweet 16 I ordered one. It arrived last week and am now in the learning curve process.
    I think u will like it , the tension stumps me sometimes
    ELIZAJANE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2