Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hunters Star Template >

Hunters Star Template

Hunters Star Template

Old 02-19-2018, 05:06 PM

Thanks, Michelle. You can definitely go to the Olympics (and win!).
I struggle enough with much smaller quilts. But that's ok.
We can't all be athletes. LOL
Old 02-19-2018, 05:12 PM
Power Poster

Michelle that quilt is absolutely beautiful.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:18 PM
mkc

You guys!!!!

Thank you so much! I came to quilting only a couple of years ago, and I am very artistically challenged. As an engineer, though, the straight lines and measuring everything are so appealing to me. I can follow instructions! To have something come out looking good makes me soooo.... very happy! Your compliments are making me blush :-)

And on topic, if anyone thinks they want to do a Hunter's Star, the Tucker tools are so worth it!

Michelle
Old 02-19-2018, 06:50 PM

I haven't made the Hunter's Star yet, but I have the ruler and It's next on the list. The Lemoyne Star top I did went together easy as pie. All of Deb's tools are great.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:04 AM

I just finished a Hunters Star using the Deb Tucker ruler. I am far from a 'pro' quilter so was concerned about accuracy. The cutting went so fast I was almost done before I started!! Very pleased that I bought it as I plan to do more. Good investment.
sewverybusy1
Old 02-20-2018, 03:43 AM

Michelle, your Hunter's Star quilt is absolutely stunning. I love that pattern; but but your color choices are wonderful. I have a Hunter's Star in progress and have used the Deb Tucker tool. Well done tools. I have a friend who buys some tools and I buy others and we share.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:05 AM

I just watched the Deb Tucker video and I think the tool is great to make a Hunters Star - definitely you can do it. (I made the Jenny Doan version and apparently I am spacially challenged because I had a heck of a time making sure that my half-square triangles were facing in the right direction.)
Old 02-20-2018, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
Just watched a video by Deb Tucker on her Rapid Fire Hunters Star template. She made it look so easy. Has anyone used this template to make this quilt? Was it as easy as the video shows it to be? I sure hope so because I got caught up in it, and told my husband I could do this with that and ordered the template (on clearance at Quilt in a Day)....now he expects a quilt!! Please tell me "Yes, Linda, you can do that".

Is there an actual paper copy of this pattern, or just youtube? I need a pattern I can hold in my hand and read a hundred times over and over. And where do you order her rulers? I did some searching on google but didn't find what I was looking for. Thanks.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:36 AM
Power Poster

Wow, that's gorgeous!!
I bought the Go die to make that quilt but haven't yet.
Old 02-20-2018, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by rvsfan View Post
Is there an actual paper copy of this pattern, or just youtube? I need a pattern I can hold in my hand and read a hundred times over and over. And where do you order her rulers? I did some searching on google but didn't find what I was looking for. Thanks.
https://deb-tuckers-studio-180-desig...e-hunters-star

It comes with complete instructions on how to use it. There are also two books, several patterns, and a DVD, but you don't need anything but the basic tool to make a spectacular quilt.