Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husband in need of Help! :D >

Husband in need of Help! :D

Husband in need of Help! :D

Old 08-19-2019, 10:19 AM

Yes! That's who it was. Interesting about the open times. Probably makes sense.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by intoquilting View Post
I think you are thinking of Eleanor Burns. I have been told that this store is only open during the quilt shows now but I don't know if that is really true or not.
Yes! That's who it was. Thanks for setting me straight on this!
Old 08-20-2019, 11:22 AM

My husband planned a trip last year to see the eclipse. He made sure to include Hancocks of Paducah and yes it is definitely somewhere you want to go. If you get to Tennessee there is a shop called Franklin Quilt Company (In Franklin) that I really loved. Their staff was so friendly and helpful. They demonstrated their binding shortcut tool for me and I’m not sure what I did before buying it. I keep wanting another trip back there so I can revisit some of those stores. The Quilt in a Day shop was open while I was there and I don’t think there were any quilt shows going on.
Old 08-20-2019, 07:28 PM

Musty, the last thing you must do on your trip is have your wife sign up here on the quiltingboard! That way you can both tell us how the trip was.

BTW, if you happen to like to tinker with old sewing machines, we have a bunch of new friends for you here.
Old 08-21-2019, 02:08 PM

I live in Macon GA and have made the trip to Paducah twice. If you drive the entire way you will come through Macon. We have a fun Shop here called Couture. Also, Birdhouse Quilts is not too far away but not exactly on your route. This could be your first stop. Then, drive another hour up the road to Scarlet Thread in McDonough GA. Of course, if your goal is Paducah save middle Georgia for another time!

I was overwhelmed at Hancocks of Paducah. I wish I had realized how wonderful their batik prices were and I would have taken patterns with me. The kit room was awesome and was my favorite part! I hope to go back

Have a great trip!