Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husgavarna Sewing Machines >

Husgavarna Sewing Machines

Husgavarna Sewing Machines

Old 05-28-2011, 04:13 AM

They are really great little work horses. I work in a Viking shop and have sold many of them. Never had an unhappy buyer. Jump on the deal.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:27 AM

I have a Daisy, a Designer 1 and the 905 serger...won't buy another brand!!! Love it...hoping for a new Diamond (guess I will keep dreaming!!)
Old 05-28-2011, 04:49 AM

I upgraded to an HClass 500e after 40 years on a Kenmore with cams. Loved it! Loved it so much so that I upgraded to HClass 600e in March. What a wonderful machine - classes at Joann's are terrific! Now my DH teases me about upgrading to a Designer Ruby?!
Old 05-28-2011, 04:55 AM

Love my Viking Designer SE LE.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:59 AM

I have a Designer1 and like the machine, but have found that the trade-in value of Viking is not as good as the Bernina. My $6500 Machine that was only worth $200 in trade two years ago. Boo-Hoo. Needless to say, no trade, I'm keeping it.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:09 AM

The Viking was going to be my retirement gift to self..I bought the "Lilly 555" I have hated it since day 1..lol..got the same deal your looking at..bought a "Brother" from a Wal-mart to carry back and forth to group and use it all the time..it cost a lot less..to be fair..2 members of my group use Vikings and love theirs..I'm looking for a new one this year..going to try out a few before this purchase!!
Old 05-28-2011, 05:09 AM

Do you know when they bought them out? I have a Husgavarna Designer Topaz 30 which I bought new a year ago.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
I've got a Husky and a Janome. I like the way the Husky sews better but use the Janome more mostly because of the accufeed system (I do a lot of 1" strip piecing). My Husky is about 7 years old back when they were still made in Sweden.

My Husky dealer though has quit carrying them just recently. His main reason is that he said that since they were bought out by Singer and moved production to Japan he has had a very hard time getting parts. He did not say that the quality had degraded - just that he can't get parts and if he can't service a machine that he sells he's not going to sell it anymore. I personally had experienced some of the difficulty getting parts, waited MONTHS for a simple dual feed foot before it finally came in. Absolutely no reason for that. He's going to stock up on the most common parts before he 'quits' them so that he doesn't have to wait for parts on the machines he's committed to servicing (ie MINE <G>).

So whileI wouldn't disregard their quality, if a problem does happen it would be nice to know you can get parts. Bear in mind though, being sold out and moving production to another country could happen to any manufacturer you buy a product from.
Do you know when they bought them out? I have a Husgavarna Designer Topaz 30 which I bought new a year ago.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:17 AM

I have two vintage Vikings---think the quality has improved the last few years, but I will stick to my old ones made in Sweden!
Old 05-28-2011, 05:24 AM

I have had the Interlude for 7 years and LOVE it....never been in the shop except for regular cleaning/maintenance.