Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husgavarna Sewing Machines >

Husgavarna Sewing Machines

Husgavarna Sewing Machines

Old 05-29-2011, 05:59 AM

I have 5 Viking sewing machines. I LOVE them. Easy to understand and good quality!
Old 05-29-2011, 06:59 AM

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Emerald 183. Had a Brother sewing machine before,,spent more time cussing at it than sewing. Would defiantly buy a Husgavarna again. I am a novice, and have basically, no problems that I can't 'fix' by reading the instruction/ troubleshooting manual. I bought mine at JoAnn's and they will help you with any issues you encounter. They have a 'class' for new Viking machine owners, take the class. Mine is FANTASTIC!!!!! Hope this helps!!! Good luck!!!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:51 AM

I have one that is over 30 years old. It runs like new and never misses a stitch.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:03 AM

I've had my Viking 1100 for 30 yrs. Never any shop time, except last yrs. when the tension got a little off and the cord is not like a cord anymore, the ends finally came off the end of the cord that connects to the sewing machine side and my dh mickey moused it back together and it's like black tape that is covering the wires but it keeps on going no matter what. The shop where I took it asked how long I've had it and I told him30 yrs. he said well do you go flat out when you sew? I said kinda, he said well, you need to slow up a bit because it's old and tired at this date. I knew that but it still sews great and I will be getting another Viking in a few months. You cannot go wrong with a company like that. I bet mine would go and mow your lawn too. It's that great.
Go for it, Mine has even out lived the warranty at this point of 25 yrs. Good Luck!!
Shirley/Tn.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:45 AM

I have a designer 1 w/ emb.unit and i love mine it is a work horse its an old one takes the floppy , I have machine pieced and did some free motion as well.I have only had it in shop for maintenance. I have ask about upgrading to the disc. they keep telling me no because in some machines it doesn't work very well. so i bought a second machine it's a euro-pro- 9110. I like this one as well I do all my purse making on it and piecing. Dottie Bug
Old 05-29-2011, 01:42 PM

I have a Designer SE and love it!! Gave away the old Singer and don't miss it at all
Perky2
Old 05-29-2011, 08:51 PM

It is a good name, but I would also check on what kind of warranty you get when you buy it. And where you get the warranty work done, if not local you might get stuck with shipping to get the work done. The LQS/Machine Sales shop that I work in, has a great policy. The machine comes with a 1 year warranty, but the owner/ repair shop throws in an additional 2 years. Even the trade-ins that he takes in and resells, come with a 1 year warranty. AND if you bring your machine in (any make or model without warranty) and get a tune-up done,$74.95, it is warrantied for 1 year from that date. Can't beat that anywhere !!!!!! So check out what kind of service you are going to get !!! Auntie B
Old 05-29-2011, 09:15 PM

I have a friend and that is all she'll buy.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:00 PM

I also have the Sapphire 870Q and would not trade it for all the tea in China. I love it. It does just what I need to do without a bunch of bells and whistles that are going to be something else to break
Old 05-30-2011, 02:00 PM

oops double posted