Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husqvarna Viking Designer Diamond Sewing & Embroidery - $1750 is this a good deal ? >

Husqvarna Viking Designer Diamond Sewing & Embroidery - $1750 is this a good deal ?

Husqvarna Viking Designer Diamond Sewing & Embroidery - $1750 is this a good deal ?

Old 02-25-2011, 08:44 AM

Quite honestly, that sounds too good to be true. The Diamond retails for $9500 new.

Check it out thoroughly.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:51 AM

sounds a bit to good check it out on sewing machine revewer to see if its a good machine the vikings have been having problems latly if i had a chouse id go for a janomie
Old 02-25-2011, 09:06 AM

It's pretty clear it's a scam, folks. But if you think not, call or email from work (don't give your home # or email) and see what they say when you ask to meet for a test drive in a public place, say your husband's office at the bank, the conference room at the police station where he works, his law office, etc. Of course, not everything on CL is a scam, but this one is.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:32 AM
Power Poster

OOPs, didn't read the post clearly! Yes, 1,500 is too good to be true. The old Designer 1s, with a USB are going for $1,500 and a floppy version is going for around 1K. This is what my dealer is charging for trade ins. You may want to check with a Viking dealer for trade ins. I have a Designer 1, and a Diamond and LOVE LOVE LOVE them both!
Old 02-25-2011, 09:51 AM

The reason why they use such unbelieveably low prices is to create a sense of urgency, get you to skip the normal "safety checks" and ignore the red flags, and then, when you realize you were scammed, you feel ashamed of your naïveté and/or greed and don't get the authorities involved promptly.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by lindy-2
sounds a bit to good check it out on sewing machine revewer to see if its a good machine the vikings have been having problems latly if i had a chouse id go for a janomie
Why do you say they have problems lately? I have 5 Vikings and am not having, nor have had any problems with any of them. My Viking dealer has been very good to me. I have a Diamond and wouldn't trade it for all the sewing machines on Earth.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Why do you say they have problems lately? I have 5 Vikings and am not having, nor have had any problems with any of them. My Viking dealer has been very good to me. I have a Diamond and wouldn't trade it for all the sewing machines on Earth.
Yes I have had Vikings for 25 yrs-they are awesome.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:11 AM

I would also be interested in this.

Last weekend my dealer totally discouraged me from looking at a Janome and told me that the Viking was what I wanted. However, I do have concerns about the ownership changes with Viking and if there will be any impact on quality.

(Went to another dealer to look at the Janome and was VERY impressed.)
Old 02-25-2011, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by cmw0829

Last weekend my dealer totally discouraged me from looking at a Janome and told me that the Viking was what I wanted. However, I do have concerns about the ownership changes with Viking and if there will be any impact on quality.

I know nothing about Janome, as there isn't a dealer near me. I have Designer I from over 10 years ago up to my Diamond from last spring. I take my machines in yearly for routine maintenance, have had a couple issues over the years with bobbin winder on the D1 which they repaired no charge. The board went bad on my SE and again was repaired no charge. These are things that can go wrong with any machine. My Topaz has never had any problem. I feel I have gotten excellent service from my dealer and the online support from Husqvarna Viking regarding updates, any questions regarding operation of the machine, etc. have been excellent.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by cmw0829

Do a search using the search feature above on SVP or Pfaff, Viking SVP and you should have a lot to read about.